Need ideas for 4yr old Theme basket

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Please help...my son's school is planning it's Annual Fund Raiser (Auction/dinner dance) and I have been assigned two themed Gift Baskets:

The Classroom Favorites for the morning class (3, 4 and 5yr olds) and the Classroom favorites or similar for the Afternoon 4yr old program.

For the first, I am including a bunch of the books they’ve read throughout the year and play stuff to go with it (mini sand box, glow in the dark stars, art supplies, bug kit, etc.) and a jigsaw puzzle made from a class picture. I will put it all in one of those fabric cubes.

Many of the children in the Afternoon 4's program are the same, so I need completely different ideas for that one. Can you suggest fun ways that I can use 4 as the theme? I'm drawing a blank and would appreciate ANY help!

Thanks!
Colleen

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
How about Play-doh, finger paints, maybe a table top easel, some kind of construction/block type toy, sidewalk chalk. I know when my sons were in kindergarten, they loved the water table. Maybe you could find an inexpensive shallow tub and some water type toys to use in it.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Our daughter's school have done baskets in the past to be auctioned off.....Some of the Basket themes we have done or seen done were:

Disney Themed - anything disney related ( dvds, books, stuffed animals, etc)

Snacks - Basket filled with all kinds of snacks (pudding cups, cookies, crackers, popcorn, etc)

Ice Cream - filled with ice cream cones, scoopers, serving bowls, tons of ice cream toppings

Christmas Themed - filled with ornaments, wrapping paper, name tags, bows, tape, lights, etc

Italian Basket - filled with pastas, sauces, parms cheese, cheese grater, herbs

Family game night - filled with board games, card games, popcorn, juice boxes

Baby - filled with all kinds of items a baby would need

Hope they helped.