Need sleepover ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tracya

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
My father passed away six weeks ago so tonight my sister and her 4-year-old daughter and me and my 9-year-old son are having a sleepover at Grandma's. Other than watching a video which we may do, what are some other fun things we can all do together? We have plenty of boardgames too. Anyone have any good/fun snacks?

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
What about making a pizza and letting everyone put their own toppings on their portions? (or doing mini pizzas.) Sunday bars are fun too.

If they like popcorn, you can get all flavours of popcorn seasoning now. Or you could make caramel corn, or just put out chips or a snack mix.

Maybe make cookies and/or decorate them depending on whether or not this is an activity your kids enjoy. Is it too early to talk about making Christmas lists/letters to Santa?

tracya

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Thanks, Frosty! I like the idea of the sundae bar--we all looooove ice cream.

ChristmasCheerleader

Retire Member
Jan 2, 2008
How about looking through some of your moms and dads old photos. My son always like to see photos of me when I was little.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
The most important thing is being together. It is ok to share memories of Grandpa, and share some tears, too. My heart goes out to you. I think all of the ideas are great. If it is still daylight, is there a park close by? Maybe a picnic supper and play in the park. Go for a walk. Tomorrow a.m. go to breakfast if that is feasible?

:bigsnow:

Pumpkin’s Mom

MHH Member
Jul 25, 2008
Did you dad have a favorite snack or dessert? Could you make that and share that tradition with the kids. No one really eats them, but we always have chocolate chip bars at family gatherings because they were always so important for my grandmother to make. It always sparks conversations about her and the family gatherings we spent.

tracya

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Actually, my Dad liked a lot of sweets. We always joked about that. In fact, when he started refusing sweets is when we realized he must be pretty sick. He was only 65 years old and had pulmonary fibrosis (such a terrible disease). We all miss him so much and talk about him a lot. Luckily we all live within minutes of eachother so we get to see eachother almost daily when picking up the kids from Grandma's house after work. I'm sure whatever we end up doing will be fun--we always have a good time when we're together. Thanks!