Need someone to light a fire

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
under my jumpstart butt....lol It is already the 21st and I am soooo behind already!!! I am off of work wedn, thurs, and fri but I have a doctors appointment on Friday so I'll have to play catch up AGAIN!!!! Oh and baseball tryouts are tomorrow and Wednesday so baseball season begins soon!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just do 15 minutes of jumpstart each day you are off. Do it first thing in the morning to get it over with. Set a timer and work as fast as you can. When the timer goes off stop. You will be surprised at how much you will get done!

santamama

MHH Member
"heartstrings: I am so with you Christmascrations! I need a jumpstart too. You want a chaallenge buddy this week?

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
christmascreations, santamama I'm with you too! I started off full of good intentions and they have gone to pot already. Am hoping to motivate myself to catch up this week.

:globe:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I'm not doing too good either but I keep coming back to what I've read here before. Basically ANY progress is good.

wantabe

Retire Member
Jan 11, 2008
Southwest Georgia
I need to get in line for that fire! I have been able to maintain a new nightly routine that makes my mornings go sooo much smoother :applause: , but that is all. That routine has included keeping the kitchen cleanish more than before, so I feel like I have come a long way--but have so much further to go! With the help of all the members of the forums and all of the wonderful ideas and support I am going to keep trying! Thanks to all! :heartsNY:

where's a "phew" smiley when you need one....lol

I am sooo glad I am not the only one. I know part of my slowdown is stressing over the massive overhaul I want to do but when you are living in your dad's home it doesn't always feel like yours!!! And I can't teach that old dog new tricks if you know what I mean!!!

I too have worked hard on cleaning the sink or "shine the sink" as FLYlady calls it and I have also worked on lists for EACH room!!

So tomorrow starts my 3 days off (friday I have the doctors so really it's 2 functioning days off) and I am starting with the bathroom tomorrow at the end of the hall and working my way towards the kitchen (which the kitchen is half way there). I am going to skip my bedroom until the end because I need to get some items out of the storage unit but I will set up mini stations in my room to "organize" my stuff vs my kids stuff since I recently moved 2 of my kids in a bedroom after my brother moved out. I had to bag up the rest of the stuff my brother left behind and now have to get rid of the bags!!!

Oh lord someone better get the fire extinguisher because that fire is spreading rapidly!!!!

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Me too. I was real motivated around the New Year, started re doing my address book, ofcourse it's just sitting there waiting to be completed! Among many other tasks!

I will say tho, all of us planned for Christmas like for 10 months! We deserve a small winter break. As soon as we have rebooted we will be all focused and make people envy with our amazing houses and preperations!!!

Kelly :bigsnow:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Don't look at the whole picture. Just look at the tiny jobs needed to do one small area. For the address book, just do the "A"s this week, then the "B"s......

Bathrooms, clean the sink today and the counter tomorrow. Clean the shower one wall each time you take a shower, you don't have to clean the whole shower all at once. Really, there is no law, you won't be arrested for cleaning just part of something. Give it a try.

Just pick one area or one small thing to do. So something each day no matter how small it is. Don't think of how much is left to do. Look at the one small thing you did and be proud.

You can do get it done in baby steps. It didn't get to be a mess overnight and it won't be cleaned overnight. Give it time but make one small step forward every day.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Ahorsesoul said:
Don't look at the whole picture. Just look at the tiny jobs needed to do one small area. For the address book, just do the "A"s this week, then the "B"s......

Bathrooms, clean the sink today and the counter tomorrow. Clean the shower one wall each time you take a shower, you don't have to clean the whole shower all at once. Really, there is no law, you won't be arrested for cleaning just part of something. Give it a try.

Just pick one area or one small thing to do. So something each day no matter how small it is. Don't think of how much is left to do. Look at the one small thing you did and be proud.

You can do get it done in baby steps. It didn't get to be a mess overnight and it won't be cleaned overnight. Give it time but make one small step forward every day.

Thank you. You said what I was trying to say about how I'm looking at my cleaning so much better than I did. Baby steps any progress is good.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
christmascreations: I can't find a kicker smily..so here's one that'll scare you into getting in gear! :nana:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you for your really helpful ideas, ahorsesoul!!! Your idea about getting 15 minutes of Jumpstart work done first thing in the morning is brilliant!!! That will go a long way towards making us feel successful all day long!!

And the suggestion that we switch our thinking from negative to positive is a biggie!! To focus on the things we DO get done. I am going to try to work today admiring things I have done in the past, and not being gloomy about everything that still needs to be done!!! :happynewyear: