New library hold feature ...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Our library has a new service regarding holds. I don't know if it extends to formats other than e-books; but if my e-book becomes available and I'm not ready for it, I can postpone it by choosing "later". The next in line can then check it out; and I will be put back at the top of the list instead of back at the bottom. Seems like a really great feature for me and also for others behind me in line.

I just love checking out e-books through the library. My Kindle has been paid for over and over again by allowing me to get free books from the library from the comfort of my home. I can also read newly released books without having to cart around a hard-bound book. I might have to be on a waiting list for a while, but I'm always busy reading something else anyway.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Our library started doing that as well! I haven't used that feature yet but I think it's awesome and wish they had it a long time ago because I could have used it multiple times.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Our library has a new service regarding holds. I don't know if it extends to formats other than e-books; but if my e-book becomes available and I'm not ready for it, I can postpone it by choosing "later". The next in line can then check it out; and I will be put back at the top of the list instead of back at the bottom. Seems like a really great feature for me and also for others behind me in line.

I just love checking out e-books through the library. My Kindle has been paid for over and over again by allowing me to get free books from the library from the comfort of my home. I can also read newly released books without having to cart around a hard-bound book. I might have to be on a waiting list for a while, but I'm always busy reading something else anyway.
We have this feature as well. It came in really handy when I wasn't quite finished with the book I had, I just put the new one on "choose later" and it popped up again when it was available. It is great not to have to go to the end of the line again.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul