New Years 2018/2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
What is everyone planning?

A party? Open house? A nap? LOL

We'll be at home on New Year's Eve - DH and DS and I - need to find our box of hats and noisemakers, etc.

I'd like to get out glow sticks and fireworks/sparklers saved from July and do those too.

I'll talk to the boys about what we want to eat that night this week and start making a shopping list.

On New Year's Day we may be going down to our family that lives a 1/2 hr south of us - we usually just do Thanksgiving and Easter there but have been visiting more often lately! If that is confirmed I'll need to work on menu with them and see what I can bring.

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We haven't decided yet what we are doing. Our neighbor invited us over for a party so we will either do that or stay home and have some friends over.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
NYE is my DS's birthday. He was two weeks late with my birthday so I'm thinking we might do something late for his. He's in his 40s so there is really no excuse for him to be late.

For sure I will be making a Lobster bake NYE. We do not like to go out driving around that night so we will be at home.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We traditionally get in Chinese take away and have a big feast. Last year we had DD and all her friends here and I think DH and I were in bed by 10! Not sure what the kids have planned but may spend time with my mum. I think I have a pile of glow sticks and noise makers that can be used.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
That's the night where I host for both families… supper and a midnight buffet…. my busy time of the year. At least this year I Don't work until January 9, so will give me time to clean up afterwards. All my family sleeps over and there is not ONE room in the house that doesn't need cleaning up afterwards.
My timeline is ready - everything is included on there…. cleaning, cooking, making beds, etc....

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, it sounds like a wonderful way to ring in the New Year. I always feel a little melancholy on NYE so it is nice to surround yourself with family and friends.