New Year's Eve 2016...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
What does everyone have planned for New Years this year?

DS and DH and I will be staying at home!!! I forsee a night of movie watching and having a "picnic" in the living room.

I've planned a spread of appetizers for our evening meal:

PW Cheddar Puffs (have about a 1/2 of a large ziplock left in the freezer)
Herb Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Pinwheels
Meatballs in the crockpot (I make a sauce of 1/2 ketchup and 1/2 Asian Plum Sauce)
Cheese Cubes/Salami on toothpicks
Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce

For New Year's Day we are having Asian food:

Onion Scalliion Beef Stir Fry + Asian Veg Mix, Water Chestnuts, etc.
Fried Rice (have some in the freezer still)
Polish Egg Rolls (have the filling in the freezer too!)

What are you planning to make/serve? Any parties? Anyone going out?

Just realized I need to dig out box of saved New Years hats, noise makers, etc. and see what we've got. And I've added shopping for anything new/different for our little party to my grocery shopping list for tomorrow.

:)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I think that DH is going to put himself on 24 hour duty on New Year's because he didn't get accurate information when he was making the rosters and the person he had originally put on it is on leave. Instead of making someone else do it, he's just going to do it himself. Such is life. So, it will just be me and the kids. DS may be with his dad, not sure yet.

We will most likely just do finger foods of some sort but I haven't planned out a menu, guess I need to get on that! I will discuss with DD when she returns today. I like to make beans and black eyed peas with cornbread on New Year's Day to bring in the New Year but no one else in the house will eat them so they can eat leftovers from the night before.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We are staying home too. Our DD is babysitting a little boy at our house and we told the kids they could have a couple friends over. So far I know we will have pigs in blanket (I have both mini hotdogs and mini sausage), cheese & pepperoni tray, cookie tray (we still have a lot of Christmas cookies left), chips & dip.

I think I will make bean and ham soup either Saturday or Sunday.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
DH and I will be going to MN to visit DD27. We rented a house in Northern MN and with her boyfriend's parents and will go out and do winter activities cross country skiing, snow shoeing, play games etc.. It is a just to be a relaxing weekend of doing whatever we want. I have a bunch of Thank you notes to write so will work on those and get a book from the library before we go. DH has been working 12 days at UPS for the last couple of weeks needs some good rest.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
We are at home this year. DS can have some friends over if he wants. Im happy for them to stay over too. Not much planned but we will watch the fireworks on television and have snacks for dinner. I need to be close as the pups freak out at fireworks and usually someone has them on the beach. My plan is to tire them out during the day so they will hopefully sleep through most of it.

New Years Day if the weather is agreeable- we will pack a picnic and head to the beach for the day. My Mum and I did this every New Years Day for as long as I can remember- she loved a day at the beach! My Dad would come across the road for several swims throughout the day but thought we were mad to spend the day there- too hot, too crowded and too sunny for him!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
NY's Eve is supper for both sides of the family, followed by a buffet.... will be alot of work but such is life! been doing the NY's Eve supper for 30 years

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
NYE here we have my very dearest friends over for Chinese food. We just sit around the table and eat and talk.
Sometimes we make it to midnight, sometimes not and that is fine.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
I'll be enjoying a nice quiet evening with my pups and a few snacks that's about it here,nothing much changes just a couple of numbers world still goes on as it does.6d825f8e2c0d61b4aadac9dba3fe9910.gif