no avatar option??

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I looked at it earlier and it was the same for me too. So, not your computer.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Ginger said that she would get to the smilies and extras soon but for now they aren't up yet. Also, the avatar thing might be something that Ginger will also get up soon, not sure. She said there's still lots of work to be done here.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
No avatar for me either, i think it must be something she will have to add when she has the time. Looking forward to the smilies too :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes similies are coming...we will need to upload some etc...and I'm still finding my way around this place. :)

As far as the avatar...are you talking about the first place where it says...Do not use an avatar? It has a black dot there? If you scroll down just a bit ...it will say...Use custon avatar...when you click that it will erase the black dot in the top one...you can then upload your own...of course they ahve to be smallish...I will at some point get some avatars uploaded to a gallery but its sort of fun to see what all people find to use for their own personal one.

Hope this helps...if that is not the issue ....let me know ....might be something that needs tweaking...

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ok...candycane I tried adding one to you...just to see if there was an issue and you can see I got one uploaded....

Don't fret...I thought the same thing when I went to the page...keep trying to unclick....but what I really needed to do was click the add custom avatar...:)

candycane

Retire Member
Oct 7, 2008
Kentucky,USA
www.teresascrafts.etsy.com
Ok...candycane I tried adding one to you...just to see if there was an issue and you can see I got one uploaded....

Don't fret...I thought the same thing when I went to the page...keep trying to unclick....but what I really needed to do was click the add custom avatar...:)

Thanks for adding one for me Gingerbug!
However I just looked again and I don't even have the option to upload a custom avatar.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Seriously....then there's some tweaking that needs to be done...I'll have to either have Jeff's help or dig around...not sure what they setting might be that's wrong...let me look at your profile...setting.

Added one to Iluv2scrap too.....hmmm

BUT you guys have profile photos and I haven't even figured out how to do that!!! LOL

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
YEP...something needs resetting...I logged in as a "regular" member and there's no custom avatar setting to be seen.....don't worry...we will get it set...I'm sorry but most likely not tonight as I have something else going on and no time to look up how to do it...I'll get to it this weekend though....

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay...the setting should be fixed for uploading custom avatars...if you are a registered user...they have to be a certain size or smaller though...Happy Hunting....I hope you find some cool ones...

As for simlies...the ones from the old boards are all jacked up...so I will need to delete them and add them again...but right now I'm not sure how to do it...lots to learn around here!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here is a good place to search for avatars:

Glitter Graphics

Click on Avatars...then scroll down....at very bottom....

1. Set catergory to Avatars...
2. Type in Halloween or Christmas or whatever kind you are searching for.
3. Find an image you like
4. Click on it and it brings it up on screen by itself
5. Click on download it ...this opens it in a tiny windw.
6. Right click and select SAVE PICTURE AS
7. This will bring up your picture files on your computer...name your avatar and save it.
8. Come here and in CP....
9. Click on Edit avatar
10. Select Custom Avatar
11. Select option 2..Browse your cumputer
12. Find image on your computer and click on it.
13. Click Save changes and your avatar should appear as the one you selected from your picture files.

REMEMBER there is a size limit so keep looking until you find one that fits!!!

Little Elf

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Or you can create the right size. :) I always go to this site to shrink my pictures to the appropriate size: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/ Hopefully this site will help you get the pictures you would like instead of settling for what you can find that will fit. :D Have fun! I'm off to get mine made. :D

Reactions: 1 person

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Thank you Little Elf...very helpful!!!!

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
need help getting the dracula

I would like to have the cute dracula for Halloween on my messages but don't know how to do it-it tells you to type the name but where do you type the name-thanks for any help you can give me-woman