No Money for a Tree This Year...HELP!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

goodpace

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Elizabeth City, NC
I have a couple of small tabletop ones and a couple of ceramic lighted ones. Any ideas how to make things special this year? I have 2 girls (1 teen and 1 college-age) so they don't really care that much about the big tree. Still my family will probably miss seeing the big family tree with the ornaments we've collected over the years. I thought maybe put one of the small trees I do have and elevate it on a table to make it stand out. Suggestions?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I think putting a smaller tree on something elevated is a great idea. I know people who have done this and it looked really nice.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
one year we didn't have the money for one also and I spents most of the holiday after Christmas at my parents do I didn't want to deal w/ coming home to a dead tree DH didn't water when I was gone. So I used one of the small table top one and put it on a table. I worked out well. Also some places have free trees Christmas eve some peple don't put them up till them so maybe you can use the little one then scope out a free real one to put up tog. on Christmas day

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I think putting a small one on a table is a great idea. Have you tried freecycle in your area....sometimes people give away artificial ones.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
what about putting all the trees on one table...kind of a collage of trees. You could use some of your special ornaments to decorate them and just decorate around them...a pretty cloth beneath them on the table...a few lights on each and light up the ceramic ones also...sounds rather festive...

grandma bucket

Retire Member
Oct 5, 2009
My sister used a small tree on a table top for years, she just preferred it. She either put it on a round table with a white sheet covering the table, and then draped her tree skirt over it for a layered look, or she wrapped a small rectangular table like a gift and placed the tree on that.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
one year we were going to be out of town quite a bit and I didn't trust the cats not to climb the tree... got out our 6 or 7 foot wooden ladder, opened it up and strung lights all over it. dd and husband were quite amused. :)

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow! That Martha Stewart tabletop tree is BEAUTIFUL!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves