North Pole Breakfast

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kyevic

Retire Member
Jul 25, 2012
Utah
This is my first year doing an Elf (my son is just 2) and i need a little help. I'd like the elf to bring some delicacies from the North Pole when he arrives the first night. I'm just at a loss for what it should be. nothing too sugary since it's supposed to be breakfast. does anyone have some ideas? Thanks.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Hot chocolate w/ a candy cane. Pancake in the shape of a snowman, or a happy face big pancake (like they do at IHOP). I have seen cheerios made up to look like mini doughnuts.
welcome, there are some very creative people here that will have ideas

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I've made these Santa pancakes before http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Santa-Pancakes They were very easy to make.

Here is an elf pancake http://kidsfunreviewed.com/christmas-recipes-for-kids-santa-and-elf-pancakes/

I like the reindeer pancake in this one http://www.mommysavers.com/2011/12/christmas-breakfast-recipe-santa-reindeer-pancakes/

You could also make mini snickerdoodle muffins in a mini muffin pan. Find a small bakery looking box and make a label that says from Mrs. Claus Kitchen. There is a recipe on Tastykitchen.com but for some reason it isn't letting me copy the link. I just did an internet search to find it.

Today at one of our grocery stores, I saw a box of cookie crisp cereal but it wasn't the regular chocolate chip one it was called cookie crisp sprinkles. It looks like round sugar cookies with sprinkles. I'm going to make a new elf size packaging for it and call it sugar cookie crunch. I bought a pack of 3 very small (about 2 1/2 inch) glass bowls at dollar tree that I am going to personalize (maybe etch them) with the elves name or initial. Walmart has glass cereal bowls, so I think the elves will bring one for each of my kids as well.

Kyevic

Retire Member
Jul 25, 2012
Utah
Thanks for the ideas. I love the one with the Cookie Crisp. I hadn't thought of that one. and the donuts from Mrs. Clause is good, too. maybe i could make a boiled egg with bacon antlers look like a reindeer. I also came across kiwi slices cut with a snowflake cookie cutter. i'm still on the look out for more ideas, so don't stop posting!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Use cookie cutters to cut toast into Christmas shapes. Flatten canned biscuits, cut them with a cookie cutter, fry them, and sprinkle with powdered sugar then put them into the North Pole box that Jingle Mom suggested.

Make fruit salsa and "can" it in baby food jars with a North Pole label.

Cover boxed juice with a label too!

Kyevic

Retire Member
Jul 25, 2012
Utah
I like the cookie cutter idea! i just saw some green waffles stacked to look like a tree with raspberries for ornaments. another blog had the Elf turn the milk blue!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I received pancake molds in the shape of snowflakes as a gift one year, so we usually make them on Christmas Eve...of course, last year my 6yo decided that he wanted Darth Vader and Yoda pancakes instead! LOL!

Kyevic

Retire Member
Jul 25, 2012
Utah
So my elf finally arrived today and in the book he rushes out of Santa's office with a candy cane in his hand. I now have to do something special with candy canes. maybe cinnamon rolls twisted to look like candy canes. candy cane hot cocoa. I could use food coloring on a boiled egg to look like a starlight mint. hmmmm.....