North Pole Party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I've always wanted to host a formal Christmas party - full out seated dinner and everything. I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet, though, so I'm going to start out with a small party for my daughter, her cousins and possibly some of her friends too.

I'm going with a theme of North Pole and most of my ideas have come from pinterest. However, I'd like some place to come and put formal plans - so I'll use this. Feel free to add ideas or use mine - after all, I'm pretty much just using someone else's ideas LOL.

Date of the party will be December 8th, so 45 days from now. Basic ideas include: Christmas tree craft, gingerbread decorating, making reindeer food, a scavenger hunt, a movie (with cookies and hot chocolate bar) and perhaps even a visit from the big man himself! Depends on how resourceful I get. Some people will be invited to spend the night and there will be a special breakfast before they head home.

Can't wait to plan it all out!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
This sounds like so much fun!!! How old are the children?

cmaes4

Retire Member
Sep 28, 2012
Sounds like that will be a fun party! I used to have Christmas Parties for my kids and their friends and we would do just about the same thing-minus the sleepover. You are brave! My daughter is now 16 and so a bit older but still wants a party so we are doing a hot chocolate bar (pinterest) and having the girls come in jammas and watch movies. We will also do "Bad Santa" which is just a gift exchange (under $10). You draw a number and number 1 gets to pick and open a gift. #2 gets to steal the gift or open a new one. For older kids it's a blast to see!
As far as a formal party, I've never done that... I have always done an open house-type party where people would come and snack and just enjoy everyone. A formal party sounds nice though.
Good luck with your party!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Sounds like fun. I've never thought of doing a Christmas party like this, but I've done it for New Year's Eve for our youth group at church. They loved it, and have begged me to do it again, but it was so much work the first time...! I haven't had the guts to do it again! lol

How many girls will it involve?

Hi, Cmaes4....welcome to the group!

cmaes4

Retire Member
Sep 28, 2012
Thank you MissJane. I have been lurking around for a bit, loving the posts and I finally had some input! I love checking this every morning to see what new things are being discussed- so excited for Christmas!

littlegopher

Retire Member
Sep 9, 2009
When my girls were elementary-school aged, we'd do a similar party every year, and then the girls would sleep under the lighted Christmas tree. They loved it, and I did too! Have fun!!