north pole sign help

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

does anyone know where i can get a sign like this from? http://pinterest.com/pin/115967759124881073/

i have the lamp to paint, i just need a sign to hang on it. i cant print on paper as my nearly 10yr old is getting very quizical!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
She used scrapbooking labels and simply wrote on them. I'm afraid this would not hold up in rain unless it was laminated or sealed. If you are afraid your little one will recognize your writing you can check out Hobby Lobby or Michaels. This is adorable. I think I'll make some for my front walkway.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Yeah I think if you can do some kind of print different from yours you can just cut it out of paper and write it, or have a friend write it. glitter letter stickers are also a option I guess.

Ellen I think its one people are thinking of using inside since it's little.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I made one of these to put outside our elf door, but didn't make the sign. Mine didn't work though because it didn't get enough sun. I also think it is either a label or something used for scrapbooking. Maybe you could find something from the craft store made from chipboard or unfinished wood. I've also seen different types of mini frames usually sold by the scrapbooking stuff or jewelry sections. You could print the words from the computer on regular paper or scrapbooking paper, then decoupodge the paper onto the chipboard or wood piece, then cover with a clear coat or irridescent glittery glue/paint. You could also just try gluing the words printed on paper to poster board, cut to the shape you want, then apply an irridescent glitter paint or glue on both sides. This will get rid of the papery feeling and stiffen it a bit too. Other ideas would be make one using a paper mache method or air dry clay then decoupodge the paper on top, or make one using shrinky dink plastic. I don't know if they sell the 3 dimensional modge podge glue where you live. It dries like glass. You could make the shape of the signs, making an edge to hold the glue (can even be bumpy to look like snow), create your sign on the computer, then fill it in with the 3 dimensional modge podge. I'm making a black street lamp this year for my mom. I'm hoping it will work well in her bay window where she displays her buyers choice dolls.

Last edited:

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Ooops, I didn't realize that solar lamps were used indoors. My mistake. I don't get alot of natural sunlight with wrap around porches so it never occured to me.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Ooops, I didn't realize that solar lamps were used indoors. My mistake. I don't get alot of natural sunlight with wrap around porches so it never occured to me.
I only know b/c of where I saw it on pinterest. Lol not sure it would get enough light in my house either but its cute.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
thanks for replies but dont have the shops you mentioned as i am in the uk. i plan on mine being out in the garden so yes it would need to be waterproof.

hadnt thought of using pc to print the writting!!! will have to look around the £1 shop and the very expensive craft shop as well nearer xmas. x