Nov 22nd - Dining Room week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week is dining room week. (Techie duh - I can't post the link to the tasks, sorry).

What are you at this week?

I managed to sort through a large pile of paperwork yesterday on the bench in the dining room, dumping a good wad of it, and sorting all of my work papers (BIG pile) together to bring in over the next week or so. (I have a small handful today, but I also had swimming gear). In addition to the other things I posted on last week's thread.

And I found out last night that we ARE doing KK amongst the siblings, so I have the one I had started buying for (great - although I need to increase what I had bought) - at least I hadn't bought anything for others yet.

The rest of this week, I intend to focus on:
[x] Write the rest of the Christmas cards (about 12 I think) Well - wrote another 10 last night, so down to 8 I need addresses or new baby names for
[x] Buy Christmas stamps (should be out by now)
[x] Update gift and master budget list (few left to get)
[x] Do small list for purse of gifts left to get
[xx] Buy a few of those gifts
[x] Make 3 batches cookie dough for freezer - Choc choc chip made, need to make hazelnut, and orange and lemon yet
[x] Do charity shop run on Tuesday
[] Wrap more gifts

[x] Send off DD's acceptance for school place (YAY - She got one!!)
[] Fill in my US passport renewal form
[] Get photos taken for US passport
[x] Arrange DD swine flu vaccination (now that she got letter inviting her)
[x] Pay house alarm monitoring and AA (car) bills
[x] Work on emptying freezer - especially small items (interesting dinners week!)
[] Go to Gardai re DD and I passport applications (certification of photos)
[xx] Wrap new baby present for neighbour (once I change size)

[x] Clear off dining room bench of work papers - started but lot to shift yet
[] Finish making 2 totes for nephews
[] Clear off crafting materials from dining room bench (reckon need to abandon crafting at this stage)

[] Get up to plot to harvest brussels sprouts and brocolli - weather dependent but overdue

I think that's all I have to get through this week. Then again, it's a long enough list as it is!

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Dining Room Week! This is very appropriate in the USA -- since Thanksgiving is on THURSDAY of this week!

So == I LIKE this week. Special things, so far, include:

Tuesday: Make centerpiece.
Tuesday: Pick up Pecan Pie and rich ice cream & whipped cream!
Tuesday: Pick up side dishes and fruit.
Wednesday: 11:30 - Pick Up Thanksgiving Feast from favorite vegetarian restaurant.
Wednesday: Bake turkey rolls, cherry pie.
Thursday: Thanksgiving Feast.
Thursday: After dinner, begin decorating tree.
Thursday: Begin Rudy Day Weekend.
Friday: Rudy Day weekend.
Saturday: Rudy Day Weekend.
Sunday: Rudy Day Weekend.

Last edited:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Decorating the tree! How fun SparkleNana!

{*}Clean up Woodstove
{}use lemon oil on Furniture
{}wash walls
{*}wash floor
{}decorate
{}bring in rocking Chair?
{*}fill book rack w/ Christmas books

{*}Christmas cards
{}buy stamps
{*}wrap
{} make reindeer poo containers
{}make cookies for freezer
{}organize video games for store credit towards new games and system
{}finish outdoor decorating

Last edited:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I was off yesterday, and DD was too, so we accomplished a fair bit.

We took a trip and
Did a bootful drop off at the charity shop (which both sells and brings to the needy) of old clothes, some toys (some old but good ones, and a few teddies still with tags on) and a large box full of presents that I won't use and don't feel I can regift
Bought stamps
Exchanged bags of small coins for large ones in bank (and I got cash from account)
Exchanged baby present for size (for neighbour)
Checked out the garden centre
Went to the slightly luxurious grocery and bought loads of cheese, 2 packs puppodums, 2 packs nice crisps on special (DH's fav's, put away until Xmas) and got a chicken on half price special (so that's in freezer)
Went to the ordinary grocery and got the rest of my baking needs, minced beef on special and lots of cleaning things we needed, as well as 4 more bits for DD's presents (3 chocolate oranges on a 3for2, and a big tin of dry roated peanuts for my Dad)

And at home, we got a load of things out of attic for presents
Sorted the coins (before we went out)
Cleaned out sitting room
Cleaned out and lit the fire, and refilled coal buckets
Washed 2 loads of laundry and got one dried outdoors before rain came back
Made 2 shepherd's pies - 1 for tonight and the other is in freezer (mince had to be used)
Washed potatoes (titchy ones so takes a while) for a potato bake for tomorrow (so easy to put together tonight)
Made Nasi Goreng for dinner (another thing that requires loads of chopping)
Made a batch of chocolate choc chip cookies for freezer
Cleaned up the kitchen after everything
And DD made cards for her grandparents as well (which required lots of supervision, and assistance with glue and glitter!).

So I was wrecked going to bed last night. But back to work today so should get a rest!! LOL!

PLans for the rest of the week include taking more papers from dining room, vaccuum the house and mop the kitchen/dining/living room floor. And the rest of the jobs above too. But progress is FINALLY being made in a visible way!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
The Dining Room is a room that is pretty easy to HGP since I keep things in there to a minimum - the biggest challenge is keeping daily clutter off the table! :)

I actually did the HGP tasks for this room right before our baby shower - so right now I'm just doing normal maintenance.

I did get the tree up in this room and hope to start on the mantle either tonight or tomorrow late afternoon.

I have a really pretty pre-lit garland and wreath set I got from QVC last year - the garland goes along the back of the mantle and the wreath goes on the outside of the front door. They are so bright and pretty! (just white lights)

My only fear is that the light is going to look strange compared to the LED lights that I have on the Dining Room tree this year - didn't think about that one! :(

Oh well, we'll see how it goes!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I've put some finishing touches on the centerpiece on the dining room table. I am setting up the desserts on one of the buffets. And, of course, routines!