November 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Yesterday I did two more bags for donations and this morning I tossed some odds and ends from a catch-all bin.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Jody my children do not want any of my Christmas decorations. I will take pictures of a few things and offer to nieces and nephews. so sad no one wants our beautiful Christmas decor
I really don't expect them to want them either but I can a least say I offered it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen dropped at Goodwill yesterday late afternoon and I did today. Still getting rid of papers. I threw away several tshirts that were very old and about 2 sizes to small. Old pillow cases. In a chest that I rarely get into. November I thought I wouldn’t do anything ….decluttering wise but I am.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Lana,
You are doing great! Are you getting new carpet or exposing your hardwood floors? I ripped out carpet many a few years ago. I have not had the floors refinished another day. All the bedrooms, living room, hallway and stairs need to be done. I will need to save a lot of pennies. If I have to live through the mess of having floors done it will be once!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Six bags to be picked up by Vietnam Vets tomorrow.

Also DS is planning to come out on Monday and help clean out either the basement or the garage - I'm voting for the basement.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Deb, maybe you will fly thru one and other one will get done too! Nice thought. LOL! But I thought I would clear my room out in 3 or 4 days but.......
We will put down the vinyl planks. It probably won't get done till late winter so will be on subfloor for awhile.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@Lana We did vinyl planks years ago around Thanksgiving. It looks like wood. Cleans up with a quick dry mop or sometimes, I actually wet mop it. Mostly the kitchen. Love it.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We put down LVT before we moved into our house. We haven't regretted it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
When cleaning my tub out, most of it was ours and not my aunts. I was in the pitching mood, also got more started for Goodwill. Will shoot my sisters a picture of some stuff and see if they want or to Goodwill bag it will go. Some expired hand sanitizer so will have to dump all 7 big bottles. Went out 6/22. Looked it up and said it really doesn't expire but not as effective. Says when opened it really looses effectiveness but better than nothing. Was going to send with Jaymee to work but..................... Have so much to burn but wind was up alittle today so it is just piled.

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Today is the BIG day! DS is coming so we will be clearing out the garage!

Hope DH doesn't decide that there is too much there he has to "save".

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
We cleaned out the cars over the weekend. The donate box got car organizers and CD organizers, sunglasses, and tech cords.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul and Lana

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got 2 big bags of junk out of mom's house this weekend. And I have a bag to bring to the thriftshop - items from mom's.

However... I did pick up some Christmas cards, a vaccum, some small toy cars, a 3-ski snow sled for grandkids, and a few other odds and ends from mom's that are ending up here... sigh.. never-ending.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DS, DH and I worked on clearing out the garage. I cannot even count the bags of garbage to go out tomorrow, the amount of stuff for the VVA to be picked up on Wednesday and the mass of things to be recycled on Thursday.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Four boxes to the thrift store on Saturday.