November 29th - Holiday Decor Week!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hurray! Here is the week we have been waiting for! Oh joy!!!!!!!

ALL the weeks before this one, helped to make this week better! ALL the organizing and decluttering and cleaning we did -- made our decorating so much nicer! (Really -- how nice IS IT to put pretty decorations on top of dusty, junky clutter? Actually, I know the answer to this question -- because I have done it. And -- it is NOT cool.)

Ds#2 and ddil#2 brought down the tree AND the boxes of decorations from the attic this afternoon!!!! I could have set up the tree this afternoon.

However - it is a beautiful, sunny, warm afternoon. And the weather forecast for the week is bad. So -- I have been outside this weekend -- working in the garden! good exercise -- but I do it because I love it!

Putting up the tree begins tomorrow morning! Woo Hoo! That is about all the inside decorating that I do -- because the house is small and the rooms are really small. Oh -- I stacked the wrapped gifts in the living room. So -- they are ready to go under the tree -- as soon as I put the ribbons on them!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Sparklenana, your words of wisdom are so inspiring. You said: "I could have set up the tree this afternoon.

However - it is a beautiful, sunny, warm afternoon. And the weather forecast for the week is bad. So -- I have been outside this weekend -- working in the garden! good exercise -- but I do it because I love it."

I love the way you enjoy the moment. AS I said in the daily thread I'm done decorating. I need to concentrate on getting the rest of the gifts but most of all enjoying the Christmas season. All the hustle & bustle of the holidays usually drains something out of me. I want to enjoy more this year.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Fun fun fun! My decor is up! We did it all with the windows wide open, and took our time with the outdoor things (or the half that is done so far). Now I just need to put the boxes back into the attic.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Good work, MissBrittany! And thank you for your sweet words, girlsinmo! Enjoying things more this Christmas is something we all want very much! Today is a dark, rainy, gloomy day. We have had the Christmas tree lights, and the lighted garlands, on all day. It makes things very cozy and comforting inside!

I have a very small Christmas arrangement on the dining room table, on top of the green tablecloth.

It is NICE to have decorations and lights up to enjoy.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
DH LOVES the tree lights inside. I think they really make his day, when he comes home from work, tired and hurt (his back is still BAD). I plug them both in at night right before he comes home.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
MissBrittany -- it is great that your husband shared his love for the Christmas lights with you! And -- great that you turn them on for him to see when he comes home! I really love the lights too!

Today - I plugged in the white miniature lights along the edge of our lot -- where the walkway is beside the creek. Streets fan out in lots of directions from the creek -- so you can see these lights from lots of directions. I hope they are cheerful and beautiful for people walking home from the bus/train to work. And for parents walking their children home from day care and after school sports.

There are still a few boxes of Christmas decorations and miscellaneous things sitting around. Gradually diminishing in number. Th outside lights are up. The tree is up. Now -- the important thing seems to be getting the house back to "company-ready". Of course, when it is "company-ready" -- then WE can really enjoy it too!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tonight - my dh is going to a basketball game. So -- I think that I will drive myself around to look at Christmas lights for a while. Not that dh doesn't like to do this -- because he certainly does enjoy seeing Christmas lights! HOWEVER -- I escape cooking dinner tonight! So -- I will use a little bit of that time for the extra viewing of the lights. It IS pretty early in December -- I know that most people are not as eager to decorate as we are.

And -- maybe I will be EXTRA INSPIRED to work when I get back from my little drive! Here is what I will do for dinner: I will cook plenty of pasta -- and eat it all by myself!!!! No.... no... no! I will eat a modest amount, and put the rest in the refrigerator for a quick meal sometime during the week. And then I will make hot chocolate for dessert! yum! Do those little marshmellos count as a vegetable?