November 29th - Storage Spaces

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Am I right about this week? If not -- please post here with the correct title and I will correct things!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
You have the right title, SparkleNana. It is Storage Week.

I don't have that much to do in this area this week, so my focus is getting the gifts ready for MIL and FIL. DH and the kids will be visiting them next weekend, so they will be able to take their gifts. We are giving them a lot of homemade goodies this year, so I need to get busy and get the stuff made!!

Have a great week.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This week started with about two dozen storage boxes and bins of Christmas things. We live in a VeRY small house. Obviously, it is time to cut down -- the Christmas things kept in the boxes, year after year, are not doing good for anybody.

Six of the storage boxes are now empty. Things are put in bags -- to take to the thrift shop tomorrow. And tomorrow -- some general house-cleaning and picking up must be done!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Oh no! I am not emptying storage spaces just before christmas. It's too late for now! I'll be doing that at the beginning of 2010 instead. :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wednesday. I am taking a break from working on the storage boxes, to get the house in better shape for our beloved, surprise visitors. It is really good for OUR morale to get the house back to normal shape. Total chaos is very stressful.n I am sneaking in small bits of work on the Christmas storage boxes - between regular chores.

Tonight at 6:30 is the First Wednesday Women's Group. I will go -- unless the surprise visitors are here for dinner.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
OK - it is December 3rd! Merry Christmas Preparations and Celebrations, everyone.

The visits with the beloved out-of-state guests, were wonderful. And, as a bonus, since they won't be here for Christmas -- we all FELT like we were celebrating Christmas together --- because of the tree and lighted garlands and outdoor lights! The kids played with, and rearranged the ornaments on the tree. (The child-friend ornaments are placed very conveniently for them to take off and rearrange.) I even had time to get eggnog for us to enjoy Christmas toasts together!

I will attribute the successful impromptu celebration to our MHH Family -- encouraging each other, all year, to prepare early! This is the greatest argument for year-round organizing ever! The reward was priceless --- pure joy for everyone involved. It was magical!

There REALLY is strength in numbers! And staying together here, all year -- is just so much fun! And it gives us that extra energy to get "just a little bit more done" -- here and there, throughout the year. And - it all REALLY does add up!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Oh - I forgot to post my goals for today. The goals are modest. A bit more working on the remaining Christmas storage bins. A laundry marathon. And, some rest. I was on my feet a lot yesterday - housework, errands, celebrations, First Wednesday Women's Group.