November 7th-13th 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Last week was an absolute shamozzle for me. I felt very disorganised and a little out of control. I have a feeling that this week will be much the same. I know that things will calm down and a return to "normal" is inevitable. I just hope that it is soon.

Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time.

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Friday (X) I have changed work days
*washing (X)( )
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors ( )
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*meal plan dinners plus work lunches (X)
*clean fridge (X)
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*tidy stockpile ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project ( )
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine ( ) Goal for the year is to read 10, I have read 14
*update planner ( )
*tidy gift closet (X)
*continue looking for stocking fillers and gifts (/) I think I have finished for now
*start working on HGP/update lists in binder ( )

Extras:
*Exercise at least 4 days ( ) ( ) ( ) ( )
*Connect with family via phone ( )
*Nail appointment Sunday (X)
*Picnic with friends Monday(X)
*HGP Kitchen Tuesday (X)
*Dinner with friend Tuesday (X)
*Work extra Wednesday (X)
*Wrapping at Mum's Thursday (X)
*Farewell dinner for old work Thursday (X)
*Wrapping Mum's gifts (X)

5 2 small chores:
*Start writing Christmas cards (X)
*Start looking at 2022 planner ( )

STILL TO DO>>>>Now that HGP and HHP have started look at HGP. Is it working for me? How can I improve it? More seasonal cleaning ?
Maybe a fusion of both, take what I like from each one and make my own plan. I have time now to look at them both. Will look at this over the next few weeks and come up with a plan for 2022

Word of the Year:
IMPROVE

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina, with the changes in your life happening within weeks of one another, it's easy to understand that feeling of disorganization and lack of control. I don't know about you but sometimes change happens faster than what my heart is ready to accept and I just need a bit more time to process what is actually changing. I usually need that time to grieve the disappointment of what use to be and then I can start the process of accepting the new possibilities of what could be.

Cleaning and routines are my way of dealing with the ever changing world. It helps me feel in control of my little world. Plus unnecessary clutter makes me feel like chaos rules. I've seen some great changes in the house this year as we continue to do weekly cleaning/decluttering sessions.

• Go through pictures and place order
    • Vacations
    • Picture Board Bought
  • Make a birthday to-do list
  • Make a Thanksgiving Prep plan
  • Write letter
  • Stretches/Cardio
  • Clean Bathrooms.
  • Pay bills
  • Correspondence: Family History group;
  • Appts: Monday: Late Pick Up; Tuesday: 8 am walk; Friday: Late Pick Up; 5 pm Drive
  • FlyLady: Kitchen
    • Dust top of fan.
    • Clean oven.
    • Clean the microwave.
    • Clean out the refrigerator.
    • Wipe down cabinets and appliances.
    • Wash the floor.
    • Clean Windows.
    • Wipe down the trash can.
    • Wipe down the wall and door jambs.
  • Menu Planning
    • Menu plan for upcoming week.
    • Check that ingredients for planned meals are in the house.
    • Make a grocery list.
    • Buy groceries.
    • Food Prep: Cut up onions, peppers and carrots, etc, for upcoming meals.
  • Do weekly reflection.
  • Staple reflection papers to the planner pages.
  • HHP

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina, with the changes in your life happening within weeks of one another, it's easy to understand that feeling of disorganization and lack of control. I don't know about you but sometimes change happens faster than what my heart is ready to accept and I just need a bit more time to process what is actually changing. I usually need that time to grieve the disappointment of what use to be and then I can start the process of accepting the new possibilities of what could be.
Mary, you have summed up perfectly how I am feeling. I struggle with change, even if the change is a good one. I crave routine and "normal" and never tire of my routine. I am open to change, it just takes me a while to adapt to what is new.

You are very wise dear friend.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I don't know about you but sometimes change happens faster than what my heart is ready to accept and I just need a bit more time to process what is actually changing. I usually need that time to grieve the disappointment of what use to be and then I can start the process of accepting the new possibilities of what could be.
I'm so glad to hear someone else say this. I recently acknowledged this in my own life after an encounter with someone earlier in the week. I am so blessed by God in my life and had a good talk with myself about being content with where I am and what God has blessed me with. My life certainly isn't perfect, but contented is a good place to be, and I'm there! I can't control what happens, but I can control how I react to it!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My life certainly isn't perfect, but contented is a good place to be, and I'm there! I can't control what happens, but I can control how I react to it!
This is perfect Jane. I am content and that is why it throws me when other things creep in. I like my life just how it is.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
You guys have nice organized lists. I like lists. :)

This week will be "change" and out of the routine as my DD29 is coming to visit from VT! Yay!!! So, I have my To Do List and my Meal Plan List (she's vegetarian)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You guys have nice organized lists. I like lists. :)

This week will be "change" and out of the routine as my DD29 is coming to visit from VT! Yay!!! So, I have my To Do List and my Meal Plan List (she's vegetarian)
Jampss, enjoy your visit. It is so nice that we can have visitors again.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This is perfect Jane. I am content and that is why it throws me when other things creep in. I like my life just how it is.
Yes to this and this!
My life certainly isn't perfect, but contented is a good place to be, and I'm there! I can't control what happens, but I can control how I react to it!
I just had a conversation regarding how I need time to process adding anything new to my calendar/life. I need the time and space to look at all the angles before saying yes or no. Either answer has an consequence in my life and someone else's life. I frustrate many people when I can't give them an answer right away. I've told those folks if they want an answer now, it is "No." If they can wait a few days, it might be a yes. I see that there is a gift in that. When I say yes, you get all of my support and attention because I thought it through. I will not bail out on you because I gave you my word. When I say no, you also know that I gave it a fair amount of thought and I can't commit the way I would like to commit.

Deleting things from my calendar/life is also a process but one of letting go. Dh and I are transitioning into the stage of having adult children who are making a name of their own. It's an adjustment from being needed all the time to getting an occasional call to be a sounding board for red flag moments in their life. But then one day we may be adding spouses and grandchildren into our calendar/life. It's an ebb and flow, a dance of life that we are trying to be contented.