November 8th - Garage Storage Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
It won't be long now.

I hope the plan has been helpful to you as you get your home ready for the holidays. This week we work in the garage or storage area. This week would normally be a free week for me but I need to sort out my gift closet as it is becoming a bit jammed packed. I use the closet in the guest bedroom and with the gifts and my summer wardrobe, it's starting to get ugly.

What are your plans this week?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yeah! I need the "Sort Out Gift Closet Week Too"! That is even better than a "free week". This is the first time I have been happy that I have no garage!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hee Hee ... Yeah, I have a carport! Nothing on it but the car and the recycling bins!

But my computer, art, school, craft room is like the Room of Horrors! YIKES!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Ok, I'm late jumping on this bandwagon, but I need to get a plan.

So, I went and looked at your list and I will try to do this to get ready. So, the first hurdle is over ... thinking up a plan ... now to do!

Nov 9
Dining Room Week
Living Room Week

Nov 16
Entry / Hall Closets Week

Nov 23
Holiday Decor Week

Nov 30
Master Bedroom Week
Master Bathroom Week

Dec 7
Kids' Room Week
Screen Porch Week

Dec 14
Kitchen Week

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This week is a Maintain Week for me on the HGP!

The Garage is and probably always will be DH's territory! :) And that is just fine with me!

This week I am focused on washing and putting away the items received at the baby shower, as well as normal housework, laundry and getting caught up on freezer/pantry inventories.

As I can I will be "feeding" the freezer with cookie dough and meals - finishing up Christmas Cards and starting to make a dent in wrapping gifts.

We have our 1st Lamaz class this Thursday night too. It takes the whole evening too so that is one night gone from the week! Oh well - its for a good cause! :)

Tasks for this week:

[X] Inventory deep freeze
[X] Inventory bar freezer
[ ] Inventory pantry
[ ] Inventory upstairs fridge/freezer
[ ] Finish Christmas cards
[ ] Finalize Wrapping Party menu
[ ] Complete Master Groc List for holiday baking and wrapping party
[ ] Start wrapping gifts/Setup area to store wrapped gifts in Spare Room

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
For me, I am working on clearing out guest wardrobe (never got to last week) as that is my gift storage area and also my off-season (and no longer fitting) clothes. So that does need attention.

I have been out at lunchhour today and purchased a few more things for the gift stash, which is good. And my vanilla extract, gelatine and cellophane wrap (food grade) for baking.

I had a 20 minute read of my Christmas magazine this morning, which gave me more baking ideas. But I was very good and studiously ignored the FABULOUS ideas for decorating - I will do a reasonable job using what we have. (probably more important to remember in terms of table decoration than overall house decorations).

Will continue on in the same vein - small steps - with an overall hope that I may get reasonably organised before the start of December.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Small update...by the time we got back from Sam's Club and I finished folding 3 baskets of laundry, I only had time to inventory the pantry and the upstairs fridge/freezer.

But at least I got that done! :)

Tasks for this week:

[X] Inventory deep freeze
[X] Inventory bar freezer
[X] Inventory pantry
[X] Inventory upstairs fridge/freezer
[ ] Finish Christmas cards
[ ] Finalize Wrapping Party menu
[ ] Complete Master Groc List for holiday baking and wrapping party
[ ] Start wrapping gifts/Setup area to store wrapped gifts in Spare Room

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I've done "some" work organizing the gift closet. But....... not nearly enough attention has been devoted this week. Well, tomorrow is a new day!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
AND -- ON THURSDAY --- IT HAPPENED! I organized the gift closet. And started wrapping!

Of course, now everything is messed up. And the wrapping continues. But --- the closet is being used for the purpose it was created! So -- it probably will be in a state of flux now! But -- the Christmas 2009 Magic is being created!

Last edited:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I WISH real life would just STOP interfering with my Christmas prep plans!!

I have had another manic week and my plans for time off to organise things have just evaporated. Although I have bought a few more gifts (like a meccano plane for DH's stocking!!). And some soaps and nice shower gels to go with the facecloths I knitted for siblings.

We are having visitors for dinner on Saturday, so I need to make some sense of DD's toys before then. But we are taking a relaxed approach to food - a large pot of chilli, nachos to nibble as starters, and some kind of easy desert.

And I will bring in a pile of papers which belong in work on Monday - I have managed to stack them up but was coming by train this morning.

Oh well, the Holidays will come whether we;re ready or not.....

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I finally have my gift closet in order and have updated my gift closet list. I pulled the wrapping supplies from under my bed and have them ready to do some wrapping which is always done the 2nd weekend in December.