November magazines

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
:pilgrim: Today while I was out and about, I picked up the November issues of Country Living and Country Home. I loved them, as usual! They are chock full of Thanksgiving tips, menus and decorations. Check them out!! :friendly:

EllaBlue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
I love when the Christmas magazines start coming out - I've picked up three already. I am also looking forward to the new Victoria magazine. It was gone for years but it's starting to be published again as of November. They always used to have fabulous Christmas issues. :snow:

koalagirl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
Have you seen the latest copy of "Southern Living" magazine? It's fantastic! Thanks for the tips--I will go out and look for the "Country Home" and "Country Living" magazines! Can you believe that it's OCTOBER already?????

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Good Housekeeping has some great recipes and tips, a turkey carving guide and a chart that tells you how many pounds you need of certain items for how many servings you require.

I also already picked up a Christmas Cookie magazine with all sorts of different cookie recipes!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Oh, yes! I love Victoria magazine and have missed it the last few years. It does have gorgeous pictures, especially the Christmas issue. I am so glad it's coming back, and I will buy it!

The Southern Living is great, too. Something about the roasted turkey on the front of the Country Living just spoke to me...I think it was saying "eat me!" :turkey:

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Ohhhh I didnt think about ordering them from the kids' school!! Great idea lol..You would think after 6 years, I would have figured that out by now! LOL

Im going to have to invest in holiday magazines. I get Family fun delivered, but I want more "adult" pretty magazines that I can look through and do some wishful thinking!

:bigsnow:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
As I've explained to my DH several times over the years, magazines are my one indulgence. I don't buy many clothes, shoes, etc, but I buy almost every magazine every month! He explains (semi-patiently) that it would be cheaper to buy the clothes and shoes!! I love magazines! :pilgrim:

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
I love magazines too! I picked up BHG cookie issue and Christmas Ideas. I have to take the car in for service this morning and will read them cover to cover.

candy_cane

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
I must admit, I spent a good hour searching B&N for the perfect Thanksgiving magazines. :blush:

I ended up with Bon Appetit, Martha Stewart Living (I know, I know!) and Sunset Holiday Parties. My Family Fun just came in the mail today, although we've just about "outgrown" that one.

We're still firming up plans, but it looks like we'll have between 17-19 people. Definitely my biggest Thanksgiving to date!

holidaykristen

MHH Member
Oct 18, 2007
Country Living and Country Home are two of my all-time favorites, especially during the months of October, November, and December!

I also love all the BH & G Special Interest publications that they put out during the holidays.