November meal plans ...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have. Toget a meal plan done. This surgery and now this stroke have increased my appetite for healing. Dh isn’t jumping on the wagon to cook much so fast food just isn’t helping heal.

Reactions: jampss

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
I have. Toget a meal plan done. This surgery and now this stroke have increased my appetite for healing. Dh isn’t jumping on the wagon to cook much so fast food just isn’t helping heal.
Suggestion from when I was letting my heart heal after the loss of my husband -- make your menu simple, easy-to-prepare, and have ingredients on hand, readily available. For example, saute vegetables (whatever you have on hand -- onion, peppers, celery, squash, peas, carrots ...) and serve over pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan; omelettes with whole grain toast; soups or stews that can be put in a crock pot; spaghetti with extras added in to a basic marina sauce (canned + make it your own, if you have the energy); grilled sandwiches with a side salad (bag salad was a life-saver, for me); fruit plates (you can usually get pre-cut fruits) with cottage cheese and muffins (boxed mix, unless you're feeling ambitious), etc. And yogurt with a granola bar became my go-to for breakfast for months. My key was making sure I had ingredients on hand, and I forced myself to eat as healthy as I could during that difficult time. If I can help in any way, feel free to message me.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Great ideas. I’m going to print them out.

Reactions: Lori K

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
When DH was on active duty and I was alone I would cook something I liked - like a meat loaf - and eat it until it ran out. But that's me.

I find that lately I'm dealing with DH doesn't like this - DH doesn't like that. Doesn't like pork in any form including ham, doesn't like lamb (not that I would serve it very often), doesn't like spicy food, doesn't like curry, pasta must have a red sauce, not into breakfast for dinner........

So - Tuesday - Asian stir fry
Wednesday - Tikka masala - his one curried favorite
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - steak (from the Blue Apron dinner I didn't make)
Saturday - take out
Sunday - Hmmmm
Monday - homemade pizza - sausage on his, none on mine as I try to do meatless Monday.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Sounds like some challenging menu planning. Lori ~Thanks for sharing those ideas.

I might be more inclined, as halimer, to make a meal (maybe two) and eat those till gone. Still, to have easy ideas and available ingredients is a wonderful backup. DH and I, on our own, do end up with plenty of leftovers to fill in the gaps.

Ahorsesoul ~ Best wishes!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ

How about making crock pot meals that can be separated into freezer bags or containers that can be placed into the freezer? This way when he wants to eat his non-healthy stuff you have options in the freezer. I have done this with a bbq sloppy joe.
Chicken fajitas (stores sell frozen fajita veggies) just add meat and seasoning.
Make a meatloaf, slice up and freeze slices.
Make soup in the crock pot and separate single serve portions into freezer bags and freeze.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
November 16-22

Monday - Hot dogs with chili (I was tired!)
Tuesday - Jambalaya
Wednesday - Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
Thursday - Chicken and Dumplings
Friday - Grilled Chicken Breasts, Armadillo Eggs, Broccoli
Saturday - Vegetable Beef Soup
Sunday - Spaghetti, Salad, French Bread

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
The weeks are flying by! I'm not planning meals after Thanksgiving. We'll just wait and see what we feel like eating as far as leftovers, fresh meals or take-out.

Menu plan 11/22-28
  • Sunday ~ leftover chicken; salad
  • Monday ~ Cabbage patch stew
  • Tuesday ~ Shrimp; salad
  • Wednesday ~ leftovers
  • Thursday ~ Thanksgiving: turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes?, gravy, cranberry relish, lefse, pumpkin pie
  • Friday ~ TBD - leftover turkey, etc.
  • Saturday ~ TBD - turkey-cabbage stir-fry
  • Sunday ~ TBD - leftover cabbage patch stew

Last edited:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Menu Plan for the Week of 11.22.20

Sunday~ Crock Pot Roast Beef sandwiches and Waffle Fries
Monday~Pork Chops and Rice Pilaf
Tuesday~ Copycat Chic-fil-a Sandwiches (Carry over)
Wednesday~ Take out
Thursday~ Thanksgiving Dinner...turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, baked sweet potatoes
Friday~Leftovers
Saturday~Pizza Night

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Happy Thanksgiving Week! My menu plan for the week of Nov. 22-28 follows --

Sunday -- Sloppy Joes with oven roasted potato wedges and cole slaw
Monday -- Crock Pot chicken with rice, green beans, and a salad
Tuesday -- Spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
Wednesday -- Tomato soup with a grilled cheese
Thursday -- Thanksgiving at my daughter's house; I'm bringing the green bean casserole, a small corn casserole (a recipe and tradition from my grandmother), and cranberry sauce
Friday (tentative) -- Assuming I get some leftovers to bring home (she got a 15# turkey for 5 of us, there better be leftovers!!!), grilled turkey with brie and cranberry sauce on sourdough bread
Saturday (tentative) -- ham, baked sweet potato, salad

I need to make the trek over to Southwest Michigan at some point this weekend. Not sure if I'll go Friday or Saturday, so the menu for those days are tentative. If I go Friday and get back late, that menu can be moved to Saturday, and Saturday's meal plan can shift to next Sunday.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Week of November 22nd-28th

Sunday- Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Monday- Manicotti with corn and garlic bread
Tuesday- Burgers and hotdogs on the grill
Wednesday- Frozen Pizza
Thursday- Thanksgiving- Chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, green beans, homemade noodles, homemade rolls, and 3 kinds of pie
Friday- Leftovers
Saturday- TBD
Sunday- TBD

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sunday-Pork Schnitzel and sweet potatoes
Monday-Fried Mushroom and Shrimp Rice Bowl
Tuesday-I wanted chicken livers but apparently chicken aren’t making any livers. Butcher said he hadn’t been able to get any since May. Will just eat a chicken.
Wednesday-Katrina’s French Toast Casserole
Thursday- Prime rib, mushrooms, baked potatoes and pecan pie
Friday-Crispy Shrimp pasta with snow peas
Saturday-Homemade Subs or French Dip Sandwiches

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
November 22-26
Sunday - Chinese take-out
Monday - Spaghetti, French Bread, Salad
Tuesday - Chicken Strips, Macaroni and Cheese
Wednesday - Chicken Enchiladas (from freezer), Spanish Rice, Refried Beans
Thursday - Thanksgiving Feast
Friday - Double Corn Chowder with Sausage
Saturday - White Chili with Fritos

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Week of November 22nd-28th

Sunday- Tater Tot Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
So, may I ask how you make this Tot Casserole?? :)

Everyone's menus are so fun and inspiring.

Sun - Hamburgers and baked beans
Mon - Tacos
Tues - Frozen dinners
Wed - Popcorn chicken nuggets
Thurs - Turkey breast sandwiches on Hawaiian buns, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mandrin oranges, pumpkin/banana nut bread
Fri - Leftovers
Sat - Take Out

Our meal box kit is not delivering this week ... so our usual YUMMY Tues-Thurs meals will have to wait till next week. As you can see ... Tues and Wed is not too creative! LOL

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've never made it, but here is the link for the recipe:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
MrsSoup ~ The tater tot casserole looks interesting. DH used to make an easy one using hamburger. I'm interest in your homemade noodles. Do you use a pasta machine? I might try some one of these days soon ... well maybe when Thanksgiving leftovers are gone. I'd like to try them with an Alfredo sauce and maybe leftover chicken ... although leftover turkey would work ... maybe I could try it with turkey on one of those TBD days. Just brainstorming here.

Last edited:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Menu plan 11/30 – 12/3

• Monday ~ leftover cabbage patch stew
  • Tuesday ~ leftover chicken noodle soup
  • Wednesday ~ TBD, late lunch/early dinner (going to zoo lights)
  • Thursday ~ Salmon patties
  • Friday ~ Cat House pizza
  • Saturday ~ Fajitas (w/turkey) on shredded lettuce
  • Sunday ~ Steak and salad

Last edited:

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Late posting, but better late than never ...

Monday -- chicken in crock pot with rice and salad
Tuesday -- crock pot crazy turkey sausage and pineapple chili, corn bread muffins, cole slaw **
Wednesday -- meatloaf with mashed potatoes, green beans, salad
Thursday -- spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
Friday -- pizza, salad
Saturday -- chicken ala king in pastry sheet bowls (shells are leftover and in freezer following a brunch last spring; I need them gone!), salad
Sunday -- Still thinking about it. Maybe pot roast? Pork roast? Or turkey tenderloin? All are taking up valuable freezer space.

** A strange sounding chili, but it's excellent, and cooks up nicely in the crock pot. Recipe from TwoHealthyKitchens.com. I cut the recipe in half and had plenty of left-overs for lunch.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Printing off the Crazy Chili recipe!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
MrsSoup ~ The tater tot casserole looks interesting. DH used to make an easy one using hamburger. I'm interest in your homemade noodles. Do you use a pasta machine? I might try some one of these days soon ... well maybe when Thanksgiving leftovers are gone. I'd like to try them with an Alfredo sauce and maybe leftover chicken ... although leftover turkey would work ... maybe I could try it with turkey on one of those TBD days. Just brainstorming here.
Sorry, just came back to look for menu ideas and saw this. I don't use a machine. I make the same "dough" as I make for dumplings using eggs, water, and flour and lots of salt and pepper and just keep adding flour to make it a thicker consistency than for dumplings. Then I roll it out and cut the noodles by hand. I let them sit with tea towels over them for a while before I drop them into boiling chicken broth.