October 2016 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My hubby got rid of a lot of crap from the shed yesterday a.m. with trash truck. He had cans full, sacks and the tractor bucket. Now for several more days like that with the shed and garage.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
SweetPumpkinPie -- thanks for the karma! :) And you have a dumpster? And Lana -- you have a trash truck? I'm SO jealous! :) DH is seeing me go to town on the house though -- so his stuff in the garage is getting to be pretty much a stand alone item (as in a giant heap). My side of the garage is all organized (she says smugly). (Actually he has a pile in the master closet too.)

SO exhausted yesterday but got a lot done! The Empty Containers pile was upstairs so my legs were beat after all those up and down trips. Car is full loaded - need to drop off at Salvation Army and reload. Forgot I had furniture that had to go too so that took time. But wow ~ I'm so close to done I can taste it! Gives me the energy to keep going!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Skip goes tomorrow and it is full to the brim with crap.......out it goes. I am still so bummed about how much stuff we have accumulated
in this house and how quickly it can get out of control. Hopefully I will be much better with bringing stuff into the new house.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
No, we don't have a trash truck (sure could use one!) it comes on Thursday a.m. normally about 8. Allen had stuff all at the end of the drive. We have only had the trash pickup for a couple years now. Use to take cans to moms or Aunt Ims so it got picked up there. We have thought of getting a dumpster for $40 a month while cleaning but they will unload from tractor bucket if you have several bags sitting or stuff on a trailer they unload so $18.00 is better a month.

Allen burnt a lot yesterday. He has made a dent in shed but won't get it all done before cooler weather. Had hope the outside would of been in tip top shape by now but wasn't the case.