October 2017 - Declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have to keep on plodding along if we want to have less to pick up!!

Today I got rid of one pair of slippers and 1 shirt and lots of papers on the counter.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
We have been going through Luke's room. Its still a work in progress so looks pretty messy til everything goes back where it should. Winter stuff is piled up ready to be put away til next year. Several bags of too small clothes have also been bagged up ready to go. Some old toys have gone. Lots of old school papers and stationary have been thrown away. We do his room from top to bottom every year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have finished my part of my bedroom. DH needs to do his wardrobe and drawers but I do not hold out too much hope. He does not like cleaning/reorganising.
The next room on the to do list is the spare/craft room.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 pair of shirts... and deleted 3 virtual seasons of a new show on the dvr (was using all the space). Got rid of empty powerade bottles in ds's room .

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen is going through all the paints here in craft room. Disposing of dried up ones and will have to store good ones.

Went through all of the clothes I have here for Teigan and have some that are to small. Will eventually get them in with Jaymee's other ones that are to small.

STILL putting stuff onto the wagon. She has auctions weekly so no set time to get it there.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went through our Halloween decor and put things that I no longer want in the garage for my next trip to the thrift shop. I also cleaned our kitchen refrigerator and got rid of lots of old jars of food.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Need to get back on the decluttering wagon. Working extra and just being busy puts a dent in my plans.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I have a box here that I have decided is the thing I need to declutter. It is just sitting here. Ugh. Okay. Five things. I'm putting away 5 things in that box! Here I go..... It's happening.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Good for you Cindylouwho!!

Just emptied a basket of clutter. Tomorrow..desk top and sewing table.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Slowly getting my husband to think that 'less is best'. He's a natural pack rat so its been a few years in the making - still working on it.

Working towards pairing down our items as we work through the HGP.
Although it was hard - I have thinned down my book collection, by a lot! All were in great shape - so donated to the library for their fundraiser.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Decluttered my sewing table and desk. I have some paper stuff to sort through and hope to do a folder a day til it is done. Lots of old manuals of things we no longer have and stuff on cars we no longer own. Out it goes!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Got that box decluttered. Put away the 5 items that day and then started with another 5 the next day - then went ahead took an hour to do the rest. (All those little pieces of paper and receipts that had to be checked). DONE.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
The donations bags (4) were still in the closet. sent them off with mom this weekend.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen left a couple hours ago with the pickup loaded FULL!!! :) Also had some items in the front cab with him. Took all off the wagon and also took some off the trailer (things we were keeping) and taking them to the auction place. Had wooden shelves on there, baby mattress, twin bed frame, gobs of picture frames, some toys, metal tins, dishes some crystal items we had gotten really cheap after Christmas 1 year and never gave has gifts. Hoping to get thru some more and take in a few more loads before spring.

Yesterday I went thru some more books in the craft room and put them to sell. Between the garage and craft room I would say I have moved out 4 to 5 of the large totes of craft books and cook books.

Reactions: Miss JoDee

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh NICE job you guys! You are doing so good! :) While the weather holds I'm trying to get a little done outside each day when I throw the ball for the dog: Throw the ball, pull weeds. Throw the ball, trim the shrubs. Throw the ball, sweep the deck. Yesterday it was throw the ball, clean out the garage. Got some big boxes broken down and out for recycling. Started going through DS's side of the garage which is a pit. (We are in desperate need of more vertical storage in there). Got a decent pile pulled together of just broken junk. Had him check it when he got home last night and we got it all shoved in the outgoing trash bins.

Hmm. What will I pitch today?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
WTG Lana! wow you are getting alot done.

oh wow! I wrote this post a few days back... seems I forgot to use the send button... and it's still here a few days later!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW!!! You guys are all doing extremely well. Keep going!!
I need to get started on my craftroom at some stage. Do not know if it will be this week as I have other things to do but I would love to get it done.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Tackled the entryway clutter pile and the bedside clutter pile - they are GONE. (I'll enjoy that for a week or so!) ;)

The office REALLY needs work. Lana was so impressive with her 4-5 totes of craft materials going out the door I'm inspired. No more time to work on it this week but I think I'm going after the office or crafts next.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen had another sack of stuff to take to the auction. Along with some sweet potatoes, turnips and white radishes.

As I am typing in here it sounds hollow with 95% of the stuff out. I need to get off the system and get rest out.