October 2019 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Can you believe it? October Rudolph Day is almost here!!
This month’s movie is Christmas in Connecticut. Barbara Stanwyck’s clothes are beautiful, I love the farm house, and Dennis Morgan is not only handsome but he can sing too! Can you tell this is one of my favorites.
Any special plans for our next to the last Rudolph Day of the year? I know I have plenty of wrapping, cards to make, and cleaning to do. It maybe a good day just to relax, drink some maple pecan coffee and watch Christmas movies.
Have a blessed week everyone and don’t forget to sign up for the card exchange!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm not sure that I ever saw this film. I think I've always thought of another film when I heard the title. I will have to look for it this season.

We have a three day weekend and a college visit planned. I am hoping to get to writing cards this week and maybe some wrapping.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not sure if I have seen this one but one I will look for. Can you believe we only have one rudy day after this? Panic is starting to set in.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
uh-oh hoping I can do Something in october as september was a bust!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
never heard of this one but sounds interesting will try and look it up

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Today was my Rudolph Day. I finished addressing Christmas cards. I lit a Christmas candle to get me in the mood and listened to a Christmas show that was prerecorded.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
With a house full of sick kids I plan on watching a bunch of cheesy Christmas movies tomorrow night.

I'd love to watch Christmas in Connecticut if I can find it....I love that movie. I'm surprised it hasn't been redone. Oops....in trying to find the original I just discovered it was redone in 1992!

You should watch the trailer. Doesn't age well with today's standards, especially where he's chasing her around the bedroom and it says "He's teaching her all about men...the navy way!" lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Today is Rudy Day for me. I will try and finish the painted sign that I have been working on. It is a plank of wood that says "the stockings were hung". I will put some knobs on it and hang our stockings from it as we have no mantle here.
I need to check Christmas cards, I think I have enough.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'd love to watch Christmas in Connecticut if I can find it....I love that movie.

I did a little searching online and saw that the AMC channel showed it last year. I will look for their line up of Christmas movies and see if I can record it. I love watching old black and white films like that. :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i watched elf and home alone couldnt find the movie of the month

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Second Rudolph Day I've missed - working on getting ALL the details for next year into my planner. I.WILL.BE.BETTER.ORGANIZED.IN.2020!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Second Rudolph Day I've missed - working on getting ALL the details for next year into my planner. I.WILL.BE.BETTER.ORGANIZED.IN.2020!!
Sorry that you missed Rudy Day. Sometimes real life just gets in the way. I too need to be more organised in 2020

Reactions: PamelaG

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Frosty, I’ve seen that trailer and never picked up on that lol. I had to watch the movie twice. Fell asleep the first time.
I spent Rudolph day and actually the last couple of days wrapping. I only have my sons groceries to wrap ( don’t have all of that yet).
I’ve missed a few of the days too. I counted on those days to keep me organized. Even if I only update my gift lists it’s a big help for the rest of the year.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Missed it too BUT dh is supposed to work next Saturday... I'm hoping for a cold, rainy day by MYSELF. Would love to watch You've got mail (always wait for November on that one) and wrap the Christmas ornaments I made for friends as well as address cards.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Missed it too BUT dh is supposed to work next Saturday... I'm hoping for a cold, rainy day by MYSELF. Would love to watch You've got mail (always wait for November on that one) and wrap the Christmas ornaments I made for friends as well as address cards.
I would like to address cards too, especially for the swap. I like to get them in the post soon as I am never sure how long they take to get to you all.

Reactions: luludou

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I absolutely LOVE that movie! Need to get it out and watch it!!!

Yes, that one part is a little dated, lol

I like the overall spunk Barbara Stanwyck brings to almost all her characters - love the clothes too!

They actually did make a re-make - haven't seen it - Dyane Cannon and Kris Krisstofferson? Not sure about the casting...but would be willing to try watching it once...

Cards are done - just need photo (to be taken) and sealed up and stamps put on (Holiday stamps!!! Off to see if those are out yet!!! YIPE!)

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
For everyone commenting on how much they love Barbara Stanwyck, I want to recommend Meet John Doe. It's another Frank Capra movie very similar in feel to It's a Wonderful Life. It's got Gary Cooper as well.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I don’t think I’ve seen meet John Doe. Will add it to my list. I like Gary cooper.
I haven’t seen the remake of Christmas in Connecticut either. Didn’t know that there was one! Not sure about the casting on that either.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Doing my Rudolph day today... wrapping, prepping cards, prepping elf mischief, advent calendar... not sure all will get done (wrapping is always longer than I think)... and watching You've got mail with a favortie tea I received as a gift.