October 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I worked in the storage she Saturday and bagged up three bags of trash. Other things were set aside to go in the rummage sale on the 17th. I hope to get rid of a lot! Anything that doesn't sell will be sent to a thrift store, consignment shop, or...still thinking about doing the booth at my friends junktique store.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went through the front hall closet today. It became the catch all place over the year. A lot of stuff got put where it belonged. A bag of stuff had seen its day and was trashed. A few items made it to the donation box. I'm really happy with what got done. :)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Have 2 bags for the Vietnam Vets to pick up on Wednesday and at least one large piece of furniture will be leaving before the floor people come. Will probably have more stuff when we switch of office with the guest room.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I helped my friend again de-clutter as this weekend, she will be bringing home her 96 yr old ma from the rehab/nursing home. I have her bags of stuff to drop at donation center.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I helped my friend again de-clutter as this weekend, she will be bringing home her 96 yr old ma from the rehab/nursing home. I have her bags of stuff to drop at donation center.
That is the best way to help. Take it away with you so they don't pull it out and keep it. If they say no once it's gone.! You are a good friend.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oh my goodness, the used book store was finally open after being closed since March. I had a bunch of books to donate. Clothes were also taken to the donation center. I love that feeling of getting things moved out of the house.

The bathroom drawers were also decluttered. A small bag of stuff was tossed.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
More shredding and a large - and to me unattractive - piece of furniture left before the new flooring started.and two bags went to the Vietnam Vets of Wednesday. There should be more stuff to go as I put things away.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
The rummage sale sent a lot of stuff out. There was plenty left, though. I saved some (mostly glassware and dishes) for the parish-wide rummage sale that is in a couple of weeks. The majority went to a thrift store that supports mission work. The remainder is packed to go to the consignment shop when they begin accepting again - hopefully soon!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
A simple question about clothes lead to an all out sorting of clothes in our basement. Three bags of clothes will be donated tomorrow. Another bag will be dropped off to my cousin.

Reactions: jampss and luludou

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
The consignment shop was taking things, so off that all went yesterday!