October 2021 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll continue going from place to place to declutter as much as I can. It's so nice to have some spaces that are not jammed packed in cabinets and closets.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Did my kitchen cabinets so:
  1. Chicken rack (never used it and never will)
  2. Tupperware candy dish
  3. 1 plastique round platter
  4. 1 glass casserole (have enough)
  5. 2 plastic covers
  6. 1 small pyrex dish
  7. 1 big bowl
  8. 1 tea tin can
  9. old birthday candles
  10. 14 cake decor items
  11. 1 can opener
  12. 1 popsicle maker
  13. 3 tupperware covers
  14. 1 plastique container
  15. 2 tupperware containers with covers
  16. 8 plastic containers with lids... either dh uses them in the garage or they get given away.
  17. Threw away 2 oil containers and some old tea
Nice haul!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
My focus with be in the laundry room. There are several cans of paint some I think with just enough touch up paint. Will transfer that to jars. The room feels cluttered to me so I want to see what I can do to make it less so. I am hoping I can find a way to hang my drying rack on the wall. It is wooden so hoping we can find a way to make it work.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Papers off of the table.

Jaymee and I went thru clothes in Teigans room here and she is taking a tote home. Well, we will take it down to her tomorrow. She can't carry that much with her wrist. so that is quite abit out of here.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
What area will be your focus this month?
I'm thinking that I should focus on this here computer room, crochet room ... it's still pretty good from when DD29 and I did KonMari in January 2019, however, I have been lax and it could use a good going through.

I watched this over the weekend ...

Did my kitchen cabinets so:
  1. Chicken rack (never used it and never will)
  2. Tupperware candy dish
  3. 1 plastique round platter
  4. 1 glass casserole (have enough)
  5. 2 plastic covers
  6. 1 small pyrex dish
  7. 1 big bowl
  8. 1 tea tin can
  9. old birthday candles
  10. 14 cake decor items
  11. 1 can opener
  12. 1 popsicle maker
  13. 3 tupperware covers
  14. 1 plastique container
  15. 2 tupperware containers with covers
  16. 8 plastic containers with lids... either dh uses them in the garage or they get given away.
  17. Threw away 2 oil containers and some old tea
Nice haul!
Wow! Way to Go!

I watched this over the weekend and it sure keeps me remembering why I de-clutter!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
An ugly skort, a pair of white pants I will never wear and a very long knitted scarf for donation. Two pillows in the trash.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
One of my projects this month is to go through all of my Christmas decor.
I've noticed I have old bulbs that don't go up and several decorations that I have not put out for a few years.
Plus I have tons of linens I got from my mom.
I figure if I get what I want donated- I can take it to Goodwill so people can pick it up for Christmas.
Or donate to a family through church- the gal that coordinates that says she gets at least 2 calls a year from families that have nothing at all for Christmas, including decorations.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW. you have all hit October running.
Some paper work and plastic sleeves were tossed from my family history research. Much to do here.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I got 3 boxes and 2 bags to the donation center. It took me a while to get it done because of flooding issues and then the one place was closed until this week.

I spoke to dh and in a few weeks, we will set up his office in the guest office. Then when time permits during the week, I can go through and declutter his current office space. In the mean time, I will declutter according to the HHP. This week I'm working on the hall closet, mudroom closet and laundry area.