October 2021 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 pair of old ski boots, 1 empty doll box, 1 owl (mom & niece had done it a long time ago but it is all going to pieces), 4 sweaters, 1 pair of running shoes.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
From laundry room:

coats for Goodwill

2 jackets for Jaymee

paint to open up and dry out to put into trash

trash bag 3/4ths full of old shoes from closet not worn forever

more old cleaning stuff

more cat shampoos and such

gloves I have been holding onto hoping to find mates, went out

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Getting rid of about 30 cookbooks. I hand wrote any recipes that I might use. I’ll offer them up to my cousin and her daughter. Otherwise they are going to the thrift shop this week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, that is a lot of books to get rid of. I went through all of mine earlier in the year and culled quite a few. I wrote the rest into my recipe book.

I have just finished the laundry room. tossed some old medicines for the dogs, clipper attachments for a set of clippers we no longer have, some tea towels, and just a few other odds and ends that I found in there.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week I'm working my way through the living room. I have a large basket with catalogs and magazines and books. I found four more books for the donation bag. I had a nice stack of catalogs that are in the recycling bin.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
At lunch today I dropped 2 coats off at my sisters for her hubby to be (told them if they don't fit to pass them along), and 2 books to my mom.

At home cleaned fridge out for trash. Then I semi cleaned items from under the vanity in main bath that Allen set out when putting new handles on. Threw out 4 or 5 toys.

Also threw out 3 types of swifter mop thingys. I mop on my hands and knees and never used them so..... One was missing a part and other 2 just got pitched. One day I may try another.

Seems the last couple of months we have moved quite abit but tons to go. A few years not getting much done has really produced alot to decrapify!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not decluttering for me per se but I went to a friends house for coffee on Wednesday and she had a lot of items that she was getting rid of. Offered them to me and I said no!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Going through the hall closet where the coats are kept. I didn't really count but I think a dozen are going to various people/places.. I also corraled all shopping bags that I hopefully will be able to use when I distribute gifts and such.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Allen hauled metal in from around the yard and got $75 today. Wasn't much but it is out of here.
Dh did that this year. Except instead of getting money for recycling, we had to pay for them to take it! Next time it's going in the trash!

I took 4 plastic grocery bags filled with magazines to the donation center today! :)