October 4th - Wardrobe Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I've been reading how well everyone's been doing and wanted to give some cheers. So what are yor plans for this week? What special outfits/costumes do you have planned to wear Halloween and to special functions?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Haven't decided on my costume yet but went in the attic this afternoon to see what is there.

For Christmas I bought after-season shirts & sweaters last year so nothing to buy for me this year! I've got 2 new blouses, 1 cami, 2 sweaters all new and sparkly. With my black pants or skirt will be fine. And they will serve for occasions between now & Christmas too.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Aggy --- thank you for starting this thread! We all need to do this! temperatures are changing -- where are the appropriate clothes? What if we need hats and gloves? Even --- boots? Not to mention - things for the various holidays!

And luludou --- wow You were so smart to get those pretty things at the clearance sales! How delightful to have a choice of new things --- all ready for the festive days to come!

I DID bring out the warm pajamas. (I need to get a pair of the snuggly slipper boots! I can almost feel how cozy they will be!)

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
The kids halloween outfits are all ready. We will be getting a family portrait made on Nov. 1. So, I've got to get cracking on what we'll wear.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My summer clothes have been put away not to return until spring. It's very chilly here in the mornings so I pulled out the cardigans and lightweight turtlenecks/mock necks.

I cleaned out the clearance isle last year at KMart. I bought lots of scarves, hats, and gloves at great prices (From 1/2 off to $1.00). So I am good as far as those go. I got almost every color to coordinate with my coats and outfits. I tell you I went crazy.

For this Halloween I was going to try again to put my forest people costume together but time got away from me. So next week (payday) I will go online and order my costume. I wonder if I will ever get to make that costume. LOL.

I haven't decided what I will wear on Christmas Eve for the family gathering. I may wear a long skirt and a sweater. I really would like a Christmas Sweater. I haven't had one in years.

Mid november my bestfriend's daughter is having her son Christened (I'm the Godmother - heehee). So I will need to find a nice outfit for that.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I need to tackle my clothes closet and finish putting away the summer stuff.

I will do a look over the laundry room and make sure things are in order and stocked up.

I will need to schedule the kids' pictures and then we will decide what they will wear.

Coat closet is a mess and needs to be cleaned up.

Trying to get motivated to get Christmas cards started.

Kids need to decide once and for all what they are going to be for Halloween!!

Going to be a busy week.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
My wardrobe is not too bad, although I need a couple of extra sweaters (I wear them a lot for work). I know I need to get vests and pyjamas for DD also. But we did a sort through and seasonal change of clothes a couple of weeks ago in all rooms.

One thing I'd like to do is find time to go through the wardrobe in the guest room, which is where I keep my off-season clothes and formal dresses etc. I am SURE there are things there that should go to charity at this stage.

Oh, and I need to look for a spare pair of jeans, as I just burst through a pair a week ago (old age).

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
We're all set for halloween...my boys have their costumes (transformers and a frog). I am going to be Malificent (from Sleeping Beauty) and DH just refuses to wear a costume!

As for holiday wardrobes, my older son has the ubiquitous khakis and blue blazer that we use for just about every occasion! I need to wait to get something for my younger DS (6mos) since he's growing like a weed! As for me, I only have maternity clothes from last year (and can't quite fit into the PRE-maternity stuff anymore - haha!) I'll try to pick up a festive blouse or sweater that will look appropriate at work and/or social functions. I like the stuff at Coldwater Creek usually and they're not too expensive.

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I have begun going through a jumble in the closet. So far -- I have found one shoe each for six pairs of winter shoes. I have some jackets that are OK for early fall, which I put in the front closet. I don't know where any winter coats are. I think they may have been put away for the summer - and will need to be found.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I did most of the clothing changeover from summer to winter last week. I thought I needed more pants/jeans so I bought some and now it seems like I need more tops -nothing ever turns out easy!

BTW, if you wanted to go as the "dog food fairy" (she who magically makes dog food appear in the dogs dish each moring and evening, usually when the dog is busy doing something else) for Halloween, what would you wear?????

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Although I am following the HGP this year, I hope no one will mind if I jump in on this week! :)

I have wardrobe tasks on my to-do lists for Sat this week!

It is very much time to take the summer clothes out of the bedroom closet! I've been buying new winter clothes and pulling some out of the spare closet for a couple weeks now and things are just PACKED together.

My goal on Sat is to put all the summer stuff away in totes and to transfer the few winter maternity things I have in the spare closet into the bedroom.

I also am going to make an exploratory trip to look for a formal maternity outfit for DH's company party this year.

While I am out I also want to look for things I can use for my Halloween costume this year too!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I need jeans, bad. Mine are completely faded out. And new black boots to go with them. Kids are in good shape for just about everything. Found DD a black and red top on sale the other day AND a cute black velvet dress for just a few dollars. (Gotta love that! Timing is everything!) DS just needs a new sweater or something for the Christmas picture. DH probably does too since I promised the family that this year we'd send pictures of the whole family and not just the kids like we normally do. Hmm. I would be in that picture too. So what am I wearing? That is going to take some thinking.

Hey -- I finally found my Christmas cards yesterday! Woohoo!! Got 3 boxes of big gorgeous cards (20 in each) for $15! Those were at Tuesday Morning. I've seen cards just this week at Kohl's too (but not as nice and not as good a deal). No cards yet at Ross, Marshalls or Target.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I also am going to make an exploratory trip to look for a formal maternity outfit for DH's company party this year.

AuntJamelle - I was in my brother's wedding last year as the Best Woman (almost 7 months pregnant) and I found that separates worked best for formal wear. Check out the plus-size section of your local department store. I was able to find a really nice long black skirt (with elastic waist) and a "wrap-around" type of blouse...that was perfect because you can move the button or tie it a little looser if you need more room. It also "covered" more, if that makes sense. I didn't have to worry about a dress clinging in all the wrong places! haha! For shoes, I wore black slippers (the kind that look like satiny ballet slippers)...they were warm and comfy - and no one could really see more than a glimpse with the long skirt! Also, if you can find a "swing" type coat, it should be good through the winter as your belly grows.

As for Halloween, I went as a pregnant skeleton...I used white fabric paint on an inexpensive black sweatsuit (from KMart). It looked really cute and again was warm and comfy! The baby skeleton looked a bit like a monkey (haha! but I got lots of compliments!)

Hope this helps!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
OH! And the other thing I have been doing in my closet this week is removing anything worn or specifically "Schlumpadinka" as Oprah would say. Do you all know what that means? She had an entire show on it (cracked me up!) and uses the term all the time. When I look at my everyday clothes, I ask myself if Oprah would consider this Schlumpadinka. That happened this morning when I pulled out a t-shirt with a hole in it. It was just a small hole in the front but was a good girl and put it in my outgoing box instead of just over my head. No Schlumpadinkas here!!

Here's a link:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shlumpadinka

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Colleen in PA - Thank you so much for the tips! I will keep that in mind when I head out this weekend! Definitely opens up the options a bit!!! :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This week has turned out to be full of intense. "real life" events! So --- any holiday wardrobe attention will be pushed to this weekend. I wonder if I can make it kind of a "Rudy Day" Weekend? Step One would be to try to keep events away from home to a minimum. Hhhmmmmm. I'll report back later.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
My week has been put on "hold" since the new puppy arrived and takes so much time.

The kids Halloween costumes were picked out several weeks ago, and we're going this weekend to find outfits for our family picture in Nov.

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
I never seemed to get on top of things this week either, so I'm hoping to have a "Wardrobe Weekend" and get this week's items done today and tomorrow.

Love hearing about everybody's Halloween ideas, too! Dog Food Fairy - love it! (Hmmmmmm, maybe a kibble wand? tutu w/ little dog bones tied on with bows here and there? tiara of kibble and bones and glitter? LOL)