October Family Breakfast

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Next Saturday, October 18 is the date for our monthly family breakfast. I had not planned to have it this month, due to the fact that the Boo!Bash2 is the following week. I was thinking that I'd use the money I'd spend on breakfast groceries for Boo!Bash2 items...but that idea did not sit well with my family, so...we're having breakfast! LOL! We are a party loving bunch-and we LOVE to eat!! Can you tell??

So, anywho, here's the details as they stand now! As always, I'm planning this as I go, so things may change...we'll see how it works out!

Theme: Harvest time

Menu: same as always-bacon and scrambled eggs, sausage and pancakes, biscuits and gravy, juice, milk and coffee

Tablescape:
red tablecloth, white napkins and plates, with a centerpiece of an amber colored pedestal hurricane lamp with nuts in the shell in the bottom, with a cream colored or gold pillar candle...nuts in the shell scattered around the table

I'm thinking I'll do an appetizer of sliced apples, pears, grapes and cheese cubes, just for nibbling while the eggs cook and biscuits bake!

I'll try really, really hard to post pictures on my blog...no promises, though. I usually get so busy that I forget to take pics!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
That sounds like so much fun! :jack:

I made pancakes this morning, and decided to add spiced honey apples instead of the usual maple syrup topping - a bit hit with the boys!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
:applause: Wow! you must have a high level of energy to accomplish all those things!!! and as usual your menu sounds GREAT!!!

Have fun!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Cathy I think our next trip we need to come to your town lol Your monthly breakfast & parties always sound like so much fun.