October Magic - Halloween!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Is it magic for you? I is for me. I just love the way children react to being able to go door-to-door - getting candy! And being outside at night! With their parents -- and tons of other kids with their parents. The noise and laughter.

And - the fact that there is candy is big! I love candy myself. But children are always limited by adults - they shouldn't eat much. candy is not good for you. And then - this one night - LOTS OF CANDY! If that isn't magic, I don't know what is. :boo:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Halloween has always been magic for me, especially since i'm a witch. :hat: The air feels different and it's almost as if anything could happen on Halloween night. It's pure magic! I love taking the kids trick or treating and seeing all the different costumes and decorations. It's the one night of the year when almost everyone is friendly to one another and out and about on the streets enjoying the night.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Haloween is my fave!! (I get less stressed and tired than at Christmas). I have always dressed up (except for 1 year when I was 19 and started dating my DH... he thougt it was childish... but I resumed very quickly!!)

LOVE Halloween!!! decorations, disguises, candies, the ATMOSPHERE!!! :jack: :hat:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I absolutely love Halloween, and it's my next favourite Holiday after Christmas. Kids do trick or treat here in the UK but they expect something for little or no effort on the dressing up front. I did a party for my daughter last year and it was brilliant so I am doing the same again this year. I'm really looking forward to it, I secretly think the party is more for me than for her, but she doesn't complain.

Bought a couple more things to decorate the walls with today.

:jack:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I like Halloween, not love just like :oops: I find it a difficult time of year, my son has Type 1 diabetes - so all the candy is difficult - and I find most of the costumes and decorations over the top horrible/gore.

I like to keep it FUN and easy going, minus the fear factor. I joke I am more of a Pooh Bear Halloween then a Nightmare on Elm street. :jack:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
HouseElf - you have a difficult situation with a child with diabetes. Is there something you can do on Halloween night with your son that he would really really enjoy? (Instead of going trick or treating AND having candy at home for other trick or treaters.)

Maybe go to a movie that he really wants to see. Or to a place like Dave & Busters? Our grandsons (ages 7 & 9) just went to a "Laser Tag Park" for a birthday party and they loved it. Does he enjoy "Chuck E. Cheese"?

Boy, this is something the Childhood Diabetes Foundation should take up. And have something incredibly fun for kids to do that doesn't involve candy and scary things.