October Rudy Day movie

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I know it's early but I since Rudy day is in the middle of the week and tomorrow starts the Christmas countdown so I wanted to work it all together.

The movie I picked is one of my favorites to watch this time of year. I see it as the perfect segway from Halloween to Christmas its..

The Nightmare before Christmas.

" 'Twas a long time ago, longer now than it seems in a place perhaps you've seen in your dreams. For the story you're about to be told began with the holiday worlds of auld. Now you've probably wondered where holidays come from. If you haven't I'd say it's time you begun. " Santa in the opening

A stop motion animated movie about Jack the Pumpkin King ruler over Halloween land who realizes something is missing. He discovers Christmas land and decides to take over and put his spin on it. I like the ideas of the different holidays having their own lands and while it has a dark side of Halloween it has Christmas theme to it.

As a side note when I lived in Missouri I went to the Muny every year which is a outside theater for plays. One year the guy who did the voice of the Oogie Boogie man was there, that was really cool.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Never seen it! I'll be on the lookout for it. Thanks Shannon

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I just saw that this movie will be on ABCFamily tomorrow, Sunday 10-21 at 6:25

Don't know if there is access online but if you have it you can watch it then or DVR it for later

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Great idea for a movie this month :)

I do not remember the last time I saw this one, will have to go find it!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Great pick!!!

DD loves this movie. We watch it a lot.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
DD19 loves that movie. I think I bought it for her last year for Christmas. I'll have to check with her and see. If not, guess who will be getting it for Christmas this year!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oooh... love this movie!!