Official, Certified Confirmation that I am a Christmas Kook.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
We weren't looking to move but became aware of a condo on the market a few blocks from us yesterday (Let me clarify that our real estate market here is booming, unlike the US!). Provided we can sell our current home, basically for $77 dollars more a month we'd have an extra bathroom, brand new house/appliances, and lawn maintainance would be hired out. But I digress..... :!:

So this is where I get back on the topic of Christmas....We went to look at it today and the first place I went was to the Living Room to see where the tree would go. I'm thinking to myself "Yup, 9 foot ceiling...enormous window...the Christmas tree would look perfect right THERE". :haha:

Whether we buy this condo or not, I've learned one thing about myself....My whole house revolves around Christmas. ;) LOL

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
:rotflol: well at least you're already thinking of how to make your new house a home!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
No Not kooky at all. Doesn't everybody buy a house with Christmas in mind?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I hope your sale goes through... after all think of the tree!!! :haha:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Every house we have moved into the first thing I do is picture where the Christmas tree will go!!

:skate: Melanie

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Great minds think alike!

:bigsnow:

peppermint pattie

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
One of the main reasons I didn't like my old house. Now I have a perfect place in my new home. I had to rearrange furniture in the old house. Now I don't. Plus I can have a taller tree. Nothing wrong with that. :pink:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Wishing you well with your condo!

You may be seeing more USA people moving north!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Right now I live an an apartment with the hopes of one day buying my first home. The main thing that will be on my mind is the potential the house will have decorating for Christmas. So if you think you're a kook, than I'll stand right beside you as a kook too. :rotflol:

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
I could be driving down a street and see that someone had huge windows in their living room and think, "Man that would look good at Christmas with the tree in THAT window!" :rotflol:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
ChristmasMissy said:
I could be driving down a street and see that someone had huge windows in their living room and think, "Man that would look good at Christmas with the tree in THAT window!" :rotflol:

I do that too. There's been a lot of new homes built in my area and I imagine all of them decorated for the holidays.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I still lust after a house down the road from where I grew up - an old rectory with large bay windows and beautiful high ceilings (I was friends with the grandaughter of the house so used to visit a lot). The main reason I loved that house - because I could see a fabulous Christmas tree in the bay windows (the grandmother who lived there used have a tiny tree in the kitchen - such a waste of the space - although I understood her reasons for a small one).

It is something that I tend to have in the back of my mind (not the first thing, but in my list of immediate concerns) anytime I view houses too (and we've viewed a LOT in our time for various reasons).

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
That's so funny! When we saw our house (a model) for the first time, we walked in, looked up at the two-story center hallway, saw the back hall, and both DH and said "Wow, a big tree would look great there!!! I think that's a perfectly normal reaction! :grin:

tiffanylh

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
I so agree with all of you!!!! My husband just shakes his head and laughs both with and at me! Three years ago when we were house hunting for our current house, he would always ask me about the serious house contenders--"Where do you think you will put the Christmas tree?" I love our current house because the ceilings are high enough for a taller tree and we have a great staircase that I love to decorate with lights and garland! By the time he gets home from work on the Monday or Tuesday after Thanksgiving; he knows that the house will be transformed into Christmasland!!!! Yeah!--I'm just getting giddy with excitement typing about this. So glad to know that I'm not alone! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Gingerbread Elf

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
:santalol: :rotflol:

I'm must be certified also! We just had a deck built on the front of the house and before it was even done... I was measuring and dreaming about how big of tree I could get on it for christmas!

isn't that a riot!

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
I do it too ! We've moved 4 times and each time I always think about how it will look at Christmas. My DH immediately looks at the construction quality. He'll announce that a house won't work because of the quality of construction and I'll follow him out the door saying, " But it would look so good with a tree right there....and garland right there....and lights right there....and a Santa Clause.....(door shuts, realtor laughs, DH shakes head).

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
nursemomtothree said:
I do it too ! We've moved 4 times and each time I always think about how it will look at Christmas. My DH immediately looks at the construction quality. He'll announce that a house won't work because of the quality of construction and I'll follow him out the door saying, " But it would look so good with a tree right there....and garland right there....and lights right there....and a Santa Clause.....(door shuts, realtor laughs, DH shakes head).

:rotflol: Just picturing that scene.