Old West Ghost Town Themed Party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Hello everyone. Happy Martin Luther King Day! I am off today and working on plans for our annual Halloween party, Boo!Bash9. I have decided to use a theme this year. In years past (8 of them) I have not had an organized theme but rather just decorated in a vintage style using orang, black and white as my colors and "Eat, Drink and Be Scary" as my motto.

This year, however, I want to do an old west ghost town theme. Pinterest is full of ideas and I've started a secret board for gathering ideas.

I need a name for my ghost town. I would love to incorporate my name for our home "Holiday Hamlet" somehow. But, it also needs an old west flavor. Ideas?

I plan to ask everyone to dress in costumes that fit the Wild West theme. The party is held in our backyard and includes a "camp fire" in our firepit and a hay ride around the neighborhood. I have a ton of ideas and plans but would love suggestions from you smart party planners!

And...go!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Cathy,

I love this idea for a party!! There are so many fun things you could do, I bet your list of ideas is long!!

How about the "Holiday Hamlet Hitching Post" for a name?

Can't wait to hear more ideas!!

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hmmm...

Howliday Hamlet? or Ye Olde Howliday Hamlet?

I think "ye olde" is more British on second thought.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Bahaha. Connie-Doc Holiday Hamlet is hysterical!! That could be a character for one of us to dress as. I love it!! All of the ideas are great. Keep 'em coming, girls!!

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Hello everyone. Happy Martin Luther King Day! I am off today and working on plans for our annual Halloween party, Boo!Bash9. I have decided to use a theme this year. In years past (8 of them) I have not had an organized theme but rather just decorated in a vintage style using orang, black and white as my colors and "Eat, Drink and Be Scary" as my motto.

This year, however, I want to do an old west ghost town theme. Pinterest is full of ideas and I've started a secret board for gathering ideas.

I need a name for my ghost town. I would love to incorporate my name for our home "Holiday Hamlet" somehow. But, it also needs an old west flavor. Ideas?

I plan to ask everyone to dress in costumes that fit the Wild West theme. The party is held in our backyard and includes a "camp fire" in our firepit and a hay ride around the neighborhood. I have a ton of ideas and plans but would love suggestions from you smart party planners!

And...go!
LOL I went to a old west Halloween party last October, but it would be hard to beat, My cousin built a real old west town out in the country, we live in Texas. He has a facebook page for it it's called Deadwood you should look it up it's a hoot! here's the link to his page
https://www.facebook.com/deadwood.wheelock?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Wow..you go girl. You are on the ball. That's awesome. I've always wanted to have a Halloween party, but just felt like I never had enough people or friends to come. LOL

I did throw a couple parties for the kids though and always made that fun, but not the same.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
OMG, that Deadwood party must have been great.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Wow! Deadwood must have been amazing!! Great inspiration ideas. Clearly mine will not be nearly that elaborate but the idea is the same. Thanks!!

Keep those ideas rolling in! Still looking for a clever name for the "town".

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Plans are still progressing. I have a bunch of ideas to flesh out and work on this summer. The summer is looking busier than usual but I am determined to get things done. I think since I use July for Christmas prep, why not use August for Halloween? June is pretty busy, so August should work well. Hobby Lobby will have stuff out too.

First order of business will be to make a list of projects to do, making a timeline and start collecting supplies.
Secondly, creating those projects. I'll report on the progress here.

Getting excited already!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
August would be the perfect month to get ready - good thinking!!

Can't wait to hear about all your plans.

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Still searching for a name for the "ghost town". I thought about "Holiday Hamlet Gulch" or something like that. It's still not catchy tho. Still seeking ideas! Anyone? Anyone?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'll try to brainstorm on the name - What elements do you want in the name? Both Halloween and the concept of Holiday? :) Or is just the Halloween type wording enough potentially?

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Old west and a Halloween mashup is what I have in mind. I would like to use Holiday Hamlet somehow ...

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Thanks. I think I've decided on Haunted Holiday Gulch. I do love Doc Holiday Shootout tho!

My Pinterest board is loaded. I have so many plans that I know will have to be pared down. I am making a list in sort of an ongoing manner of things to do in August and September to make it fun yet keep it doable, both time and money wise.

Thoughts and ideas are welcome!!