Online Christmas Party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Jeff is trying to put together the largest online Christmas party ever...the Merry Network is discussing how this might play out and what "topics" or events we might be able to host/participate in.

There is discussions of chats about baking cookies, making eggnog, a book discusion, chats with Santa, different music events via My Merry Christmas radio, podcasts, and even a Christmas Where You Are contest where you can submit videos etc for a chance to win!! Wow that's a lot to put together in a short time but I'm sure My Merry Christmas can pull it off.

My question is HOW does MHH want to participate.....obviously the party will be on December 11th and run for 30 hours (including time zones around the world) You are invited to any and all events....BUT what if anything would we like to host?

I had two ideas that I mentioned to Jeff.....

One was we host a Magic Elves chat where we share magic elf ideas etc....could even post some links to albums here or blogs about elves (we have plenty of those) so people could browse ahead of time and be ready to chat about what they have looked at etc.

The second was to host a Rudolph Day Chat talking about not just Rudolph Day but year round holiday prep.....I would place the emphasis on how to simplify the holidays and be frugal since times are tight right now.

However as Jeff mentioned this is not about what we can host or "cover" This is about what our site users (EACH OF YOU) can think up and want to share.

Please think about it and let me know your thoughts....the heart and soul of the party is everyone joining in as much as possible....a Christmas PArty Around the World....cool huh?

Obviously we will need to reach some type of decision about topic etc....soon so it can be organized and advertised.

I'll post the Christms Party time line with events and details once it is finalized. There will be a little something for everyone...and with 30 hours worth....I'm sure there will be a time or two when you can jump in...

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
This sounds great. Dec. 11th is DD's birthday, so I hope I can join in at some time!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
This sounds awesome! Let me think on it and I'll be back with thoughts.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
What a fun idea! And for it to be so long we can all stop by at a time that works and learn about other great ideas.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mega Christmas party on the way!! woohoo! I will try to join for sure. Thanks Ginger & Jeff

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wonderful Idea! What fun this will be!!!

Question: The "chats" disappear.... so unless you are "right there"... they are gone. Will this party be in a "chat" format... or will it last.... so people can catch up on what they miss?

Meanwhile, I will be thinking of ideas to share.....

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Sounds like fun. Hope to be to attend.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The party plans have not been finalized. There will be lots of chats but there will also be some other types of things too. I'll let you know when I have more details.

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
What a fun idea! I'd love to join in the fun :D

If I think of anything, Ginger, I'll post. Those two topics you mentioned are the ones that first come to mind.