Organized and clean jump into 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi Everybody!! How are you doing on your own, indiviual little "Jumpstart January"???

Mine is different from chilli's.... because we went away to the wedding at New Years. But.... EVERYBODY's life is a bit different and individual..... and chilli's basic plan works for all of us.... with our own modifications.

So.... here are the modifications I have done so far:

Chilli used the last week of December for planning/organizing for 2011.
I used the last week of December for cleaning the house and packing for our trip to the wedding. Then.... 3-1/2 days on the road/at the wedding.

Back from the wedding about noon on January 3rd (Monday). I have been concenrating on packing away Christmas (and unpacking from the trip)....... AND going through mail/paperwork. With general decluttering a energy permits!

And... do not forget about "Real Life Stuff".... which takes up most of my time and energy!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Done!!

“Put away Christmas 2010 week”

- put down and store all Christmas decoration; don’t forget to label boxes!
- declutter Christmas decoration
- write down what needs to be replaced
- think about Christmas 2010: what went fine/what not and write it down for 2011
- Declutter and put away your supplies for Christmas card making and gift wrapping as well; write down any replacements
- Declutter your crafts corner as well. Think about unfinished Christmas projects: either you schedule a date for finishing or put it away
- Start a Christmas Notebook 2011

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Thanks Sparklenana for your kind words about wanting wedding plan updates, your right much more fun that cleaning!
This week for cleaning has been a bust, life has happened, my junior high kids have started basketball practices, so that will take a good chunk of the next 6 weeks.
As far as wedding plans, we are going to the Bridal Faire is Spokane this saturday, should be fun and next Monday dress shopping.
Have today and tomorrow to get more Christmas dedecorated, hope I can get alot done, would love to leave on Saturday morning with a clean house to come home to.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Living Room

Living Room
[X] Clean ceiling fan
[X] Dust
[X] Wash window
[X] Vacuum under sectional couch
[X] Vacuum sofa and loveseat and futon
[X] Vacuum carpet and under carpet sectional

Got the above last week ....

Would like to get this all done this week!

[] Organize entertainment center (go thru tapes and CD's, DVD's, mark on list, give away if not needed)
[] Go through book shelves (look at all titles - give away if needed)
[] Look at all knick-knacks (give away if not needed)

:santa2:

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Thanks a lot for not forgetting about my thread! It really makes me proud!

So let's summarize last week:

- put down and store all Christmas decoration; don’t forget to label boxes!
- declutter Christmas decoration
- write down what needs to be replaced
- think about Christmas 2010: what went fine/what not and write it down for 2011
- Declutter and put away your supplies for Christmas card making and gift wrapping as well; write down any replacements
- Declutter your crafts corner as well. Think about unfinished Christmas projects: either you schedule a date for finishing or put it away
- Start a Christmas Notebook 2011

Most of these things are done. Only my crafts corner - well that's really a mess. Not only christmas stuff but everything. So decluttering and cleaning my crafts corner will be a seperate project.

Chilli

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi Friends! I wanted to check in..... and see how Real Life is working on your plans?

As you know, I had the broken leg a few weeks ago.. so VERY little decluttering has gotten done in the 3-1/2 weeks since then.

However.... for one thing, VERY LITTLE new stuff is being brought into the house! So that is good! Wonderful friends have brought food.... and there is a continual effort to return serving dishes to the correct owners! And newspapers and mail come in every day. But... no shopping trips!

And.... my daughter paid for a clean service during the two weeks I was in the hospitals.... so things stayed in good shape "clean-wise". Pretty good shape.

There will be more weeks until recovery. At this point... I am tottering around... doing "surface-type stuff". With lots and lots of rest periods. I've lost a lot of strength during the two weeks in the hospital. It's coming back... and taking time to do so!

Somehow.... I feel that our plans here at MHH ARE flexible enough to allow for "Real Life stuff".... and BIG things. The MHH Family is still right there.... ready to encourage us when we CAN get back into the swing of things!

So... how are you doing?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh No

I didn't hear about your poor leg. Poor dear! Sounds like you are taking it slow and not having unreal expectations at this point. Good. I sprained my ankle bad about 2 1/2 years ago ... wow, does not being able to simply walk to the bathroom cause problems!

Praying for a speedy healing!

:fireplace:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Finished This week ...

January 23-29
Front Porch
[X] Clean the light fixture.
[X] Sweep the porch.
[X] Sweep down the walls and get rid of cobwebs.
[X] Wash the windows
[X] Trim hedges
[X] Front Door oiled
[X] New Wreath

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
... but slow with the current week!!! LOL

January 30-February 5
Master Bedroom
[] Clean and re-hang curtains
[] Organize nightstand drawer, sweater stand, chest of drawers
[] Clean window
[] vacuum/ dust mini blind
[] Clean out under bed
[] Clean out closet
[] Dust
[] vacuum

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hugs and love to you, jmpass! Thank you for your kind words! You seem to be in a very good situation with the cleaning/organizing! Is the weather in Florida contributing "good energy" to you right now? This winter has had SOME bad weather for every part of the USA!!! And it really dos have an influence on our moods/energy levels!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Chilli.... your poor little baby daughter! It is so upsetting when little ones are sick!!!

Well.... being behind just means that you have a Real Life.... just like the rest of us!!!! Your plan IS realistic and helpful.... BECAUSE it lets us have our own Real Life Setbacks... and still keep our dreams/goals alive!!!

We DO have periods where our work IS going along smoothly... and "organized and clean" is happening.... and then.... BOOM! We need to keep encouraging each other. so our little flames don't get blown out! So... we can build them into good "energy-fires"... when life lets us get back to our goals for clean, organized, lovely homes!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Lol

Hugs and love to you, jmpass! Thank you for your kind words! You seem to be in a very good situation with the cleaning/organizing! Is the weather in Florida contributing "good energy" to you right now? This winter has had SOME bad weather for every part of the USA!!! And it really dos have an influence on our moods/energy levels!

LOL NOOOOOOOOO! I really just want to stay in my PJ's in my cozy bed crochet all the time. I have my wristers I crocheted for myself, my robe, and my fuzzy socks!!! The very weird cold weather, even freezes we've had, makes me really NOT want to do stuff!!! But ... alas ... I do.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
It's Ok!

I have to admit that I am completely behind my plan. Due to the long sickness of DD I lost 2-3 weeks. But next week I will continue

Chilli

Don't worry about it, like Sparklenana said ... life happens and our lists are not set in stone, but a work in progress. And sometimes we progress more than others! About 2 years ago or so ... I sprained my ankle ... nothing got done for months! Praise the Lord your little one is better!