Our Yahoo Group and Spam

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
So apparantly someone has time to browse yahoo groups and send spam emails....GET A LIFE BUDDY!!!

Anyway I apologize for those of you that received a SPAM email via the old yahoogroup. This group only has abut 18 members so it shouldn't have been many of you.

This group was set up originally for when the board were down and we needed to communicate...sort of as a safety spot for periods when we had trouble on the boards. I haven't been there in AGES and there have been NO NEW messages until spammer guy....ugh.

I went to the group and deleted his message there. I wanted to delete his membership but evidently he posted then deleted himself. Hmmmm. I also reset he group to restricted so I will need to approve any membership there...I hardly ever check my mail acconts with yahoo though SO if someone really wants to join they would need to post it here.

BUT IN SAYING THAT........I actually think I should just delete the group......as I said there are only 18 members....and I'm not even sure which of those members are even still here at the boards. WITH OUR FACEBOOK GROUP.....we really don't need the old yahoo group so I think it should deleted.

What do you think?

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I think you're right Ginger. We can always use FB if ther is a problem with the boards. thank you for all that you do!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I wondered where all those spam messages were from. I didn't even look, just hit the delete key.

I think the yahoo group could be deleted. If the boards ever go down we do have FB to check. And if you open a group on yahoo most of us know to be looking for it now.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
It sounds to me like the yahoo group could be deleted. Most of us have migrated to FB now.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I would say delete the Yahoo group and we can just stick to Facebook.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I'm for deleting the yahoo group.

Annie