Packing it in 2017...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Katrina, I'm sort of like you. When I get all the totes down from the attic to put it away, I don't want to do it twice. What I do leave out goes to the storage shed (greenery and reindeer).

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
missjane, that is a good idea, I have a few snowmen that I could put in a small tote in the garage separately from the general Christmas decor. Worth thinking about.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
We finally got 99% of the Christmas decor boxed, inventoried and stored in the garage loft. The house still looks a little disheveled with little bits of "stuff" sitting around waiting to be neatened up. I just ran out of energy though and still have to think about fixing dinner.

Winter decor that I'm leaving out includes a reindeer wall hanging, a couple of sofa quilts and my winter placemats and certerpiece (kind of blue, icy looking fabric). I still need to decide what decor to put on our coffee table. Right now there's just a coffee cup, a candle lighter, a note and pencil and a dahlia catalog. Kind of tacky looking ...

I need to get some cyclomen for the front porch.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DD I can imagine your house at the moment with the quilts and the centrepiece, I am sure it looks very cosy and warm.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I start tomorrow by sorting through what I didn't put out this year and then put away what is out. I plan to purge a good percentage of it. DH loved how I decorated the tree said "looks good with or without the lights on." He did say he thought just white lights would be enough. In other words, don't do the multi-colored light any more.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
Everything is finally put away. Oh, how love putting it out and decorating....BUT oh how I love when it is all put away and my house is back to normal. Weird, I know.