Pajama Elves 2018...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've been doing a Pajama Elves box for DS the last couple of years and am planning another round for this Christmas!

He actually brought it up yesterday and was talking about how the elves bring him PJs and was all excited about it happening this year. :)

Ordered a pair of cute PJs that are dino/Christmas themed. They say "Christmas Tree-Rex" on them. lol

And then I had to get the big fluffy dinosaur paw slippers to go with. Just had to.

Also going in the box will be The Pajama Elves book, our copy of The Polar Express on DVD (hidden until it "appears" again), a small toy that I'll pull from his stocking stuffer pile, a small stuffed animal, Jiffy pop and a coupon for an ice cream treat that the elves have magically caused to appear in our freezer.

I just have to make SURE I remember to get the treat in the freezer! Almost goofed it last year! Ugh!

Planning to have the box "arrive" on our front porch the first Sunday in December just before dinner. We will remote trigger the doorbell so he can discover it! I have plain red paper to wrap it in and created a fun label with a poem on the computer that I'll print and tape on.

We'll watch the movie during dinner - while having what we call a "picnic" (eating on the couches while watching TV) and then do the popcorn, etc.

Does anyone else do anything like this? Or with elves at all?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We always have Mrs. Claus send pj's on Christmas Eve. We go out for some reason and when we return the box has appeared for the kids to open. I find a reason to be the last one out of the house and stage the box. It usually contains new pj's, possibly a new Christmas movie, popcorn, candy, and hot chocolate. If we don't leave the house, then I stage the box while the kids are occupied in their rooms or outside and we act like we have no idea how it came to be there when they discover it on their own. hehe They wear their pj's to bed on Christmas Eve and have we watch the movie, pop the popcorn and eat the candy, etc. I'm running out of movies to get though so this year it may be a board game instead. Maybe Hawaiiopoly.

Reactions: Minta

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
No but sounds like Christmas Magic. No wonder your ds is asking about it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ that looks like super fun! you always have the best ideas.

We have new pjs too, mom buys them for all of us.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Sounds Awesome. Our kids get their new Christmas PJs on the morning of Christmas Eve. Their Elves go back to the north pole the night of the 23rd and leave new PJs for the kids.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
When the kids were little they would get new, pjs the night before Christmas. I would also pack a treat, some popcorn and a movie.
Now that they are adults we do a Christmas eve basket. We put in small bottles of coke, lollies, chips or popcorn, savory biscuits and some cheese. It is different every year. We watch a movie but it may not be a Christmas movie. One year we watched Die Hard, last year we watched a few things on Netflix. This year DS will pick.

AJ, love Christmas tree rex!!!!!!

Reactions: luludou

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
When the kids were little the elves would bring them new pajamas on Christmas Eve. They would magically appear outside the front door and they would open the boxes and put on their Jammie's before listening to 'Twas the Night Before Christmas read by my dad.

Oh those were the days.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
When the kids were little the elves would bring them new pajamas on Christmas Eve. They would magically appear outside the front door and they would open the boxes and put on their Jammie's before listening to 'Twas the Night Before Christmas read by my dad.

Oh those were the days.
Oh Lisa, I had forgotten that!! Every Christmas Eve I would read the kids that book and then off to sleep. I have not done that for many years.

Reactions: teachermomof2