Paper supplies/party planning

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
In our house I'm always prepared for a quick party. I have a big bin that's filled with party supplies like paper napkins in all sorts of motifs (seperated into themes like summer, football season, birthday, just because, christmas, plain colors etc.). I also keep plastic utinsils, paper plates (some special ones get seperated with their themey napkins), plastic table clothes, cloth table clothes, and extra serving utinsils stocked away. Since we live in Wisconsin--we have football shaped bowls, chip n dip sets, etc. I have all different themed bowls and trays that are put away so when we throw a party it's all right there. The fun part is when my son goes to school he gets to have fun napkins every day since I get BIG packs of fun napkins at our goodwill! I can go through our bin and pull out most of the supplies for an impromptu party and not have to wash plates, cups, or napkins at the end of the day! Do any of you do this?

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
No, I don't have anything like that set up. What a great idea though! I might have to organize something like this.

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
What a fun, simple idea! TFS :jumpinghearts: .

I keep plates, napkins, plastic itensils, paper towels, handy wipes and a blanket pre-packed in a basket for impromptu picnics. I just grab the basket & we can go! Yes, we do pack food or grab some along the way, but it's nice to have all the paper goods ready to go & in one place.

Bren "heartstrings:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Yep! It's all in my "Prop Closet"! Isn't it great to be able to pull together a party in no time, with little expense for decorations or supplies? ::candyheart:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Yes yes yes. Impromptu parties are the best!!! I do keep lots of paper supplies - right on top of the refrigerator.

Today, we are having people over to watch the Superbowl a :rotflol: nd we will be using TONS of paper plates and napkins -- because EATING is a very important part of the SuperBowl celebration!!!! And - dishwashing - is NOT part of the celebration for me!!!
:rotflol:

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I have a friend who used to stock supplies for a papergoods company. At the end of the season, she'd have to take all of the outdated merchandise out, but they couldn't be resold or donated to places who would sell them. So a couple of times a year, she'd invite some friends over to go through her stash and take what we wanted -- cards, paper cups, napkins, wrapping paper! It was wonderful! I collected all sorts of partygoods for free! She finally moved (sigh. . . I miss her, and not just for the freebies!) and I'm about to the bottom of my partyware stash.

Time to check the local Goodwill stores and Dollar stores!

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
I have several plastic tubs full of partyware, too. Mine is sorted by season and/or holiday. It does make things so much easier. I have an orange tub that holds all of our Clemson tailgating items and I add to it throughout the years as football and tiger themed itms are on sale.

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
Me too! I have lots of stuff everywhere, and just started to organize the utensils, plates and such together....finally. :grin:

teachturnedmom

Retire Member
Oct 21, 2007
SE PA
I do have a cabinet like that, but will admit it's more of a leftover cabinet from past parties. The supplies are actually dwindling and I'm thinking now would be a good time to restock...Thanks for the reminder.

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Last year walmart were selling off their plastic party packs for £2. I bought 5 packs in clear plastic. These can be used for any party (there is enough plates, dishes, cups and cutlery for 20 people). I always keep a supply of napkins, balloons, streamers, party bags, banners and party bag gifts. My sister in law has her own media marketing business, any unwanted promotion stuff comes my way, and comes in handy for presents / gifts. I make my own cards and always have a blank supply which can be also used for invitations. A quick trip to the local Marks & Spencers means I can buy cakes & party food in a jiffy. Usually I can throw a party together fairly quickly. Add on top you lot here and I can fab ideas for themes and games and I'm sorted.