Picnic Ready

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
It's summer and we are busy running around and traveling whenever possible. So I've got a picnic basket packed and in the back of my mini van--filled with paper plates, napkins, plastic silverware, and a blanket so that if we are out and find some fun food at a grocery store or restaurant we can have a picnic anywhere! It's come in handy--we've had picnics in our hotel room and all over the place! This saves us money, time and headaches so we can just be ready! :applause:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Excellent idea. It was amazing in Germany how the Germans would pull out their picnic stuff when there was a major traffic jam. They didn't stress out, they just had a picnic.

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
I do basically the same thing, except I keep mine in a low storage container in the trunk. It has come in so handy over the years! A friend of mine loved the idea but always "forgot" to put one together, so I gave her one for "happy summer" one year. She loved it and still uses it.

What a great idea!! I am going to get my things together and do the same thing.

Since I discovered I have Acid Reflux I have a mini cooler with a few things I can eat and I grab it when we head out the door but if I had plates, cups and plastic ware in the trunk we could stop at a grocery store and pick up a few things. Good Job!!!