Plan starts in ONE week!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The Housework Holiday Plan starts in ONE week...can't believe it!!!

Here in our forums we will be discussing each week as it comes up...with an awareness that some people will alter the plan to suit their homes and lifestyles.

Whoever gets here first on each Sunday should start a thread for that week. We can link over to the assignments etc at OC. If you are altering the plan...tell us how....it might help those of us that need a boost to get going.

I plan on posting my lists each week...in the weekly thread...one list will be for home cleaning and the other holiday prep. I REALLY need to get on top of things!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Can't wait!!!

:snowman: Melanie

gllatshaw

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2008
Florence, South Carolina
I couldn't wait. I got started this past week with the planning and paperwork. I really need to get things decluttered and organized in that area. Couldn't find my Christmas Notebook!

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
I was starting to feel a little sheepish about being so excited - and then I came here to check in and saw others excited, too :party:

I just know this is going to be a wonderful holiday this year - this is the most on top of things I've felt in a while, especially with a new baby ... and HHP is just the icing on the holiday cookies, you know what I mean? and, having people to do it with not only helps me to stay accountable, but it also inspired me and makes it more fun :haha:

Is it too early to say Merry Christmas? :grin:

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
Oh, my goodness! I can't believe it's that time of the year again...I have to follow "the Plan" or I get so scattered!
Better get my notebook(s) out and see what I need to do...
Went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and am ready to put up a tree! But, I must wait and work on "the Plan" first!
Merry Christmas one and all! :grin:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
campncook...LOL...not time for the tree yet!!

I really need to get on track and I am hoping that by following Houseworks Holiday Plan...I will get just the motivation I need...plus with chatting with you all about it...it's hard not to get excited!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
This is my first year for the plan and I'm so excited about it I even printed a copy and put it in a notebook for my Godsister. I wrapped it in Christmas paper and gave it to her yesterday when I visited her. We are going to keep each other motivated and we have even agreed to make the 1.75 hour drive to the other's place when we get to our "hotspots" so we can actually help each other get the project finished. Looking forward to working through this with all of you, too!

SantasGirl

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2008
Southeastern Ohio
I'm excited about getting started but my plate is really full. School starts this week, DD plays volleyball 2-4 evenings a week and DS is football quarterback so Fridays are out. I don't mind cleaning on Saturdays but I don't do anything on Sundays - it's my "day of rest". See, I have a job that gets me out of bed at 3:30 am and most nights it's 10 or 11 pm before I get to bed. I have 3 days vacation scheduled next week and even though cleaning might not sound like a vacation to you, sleeping till 6:00 and working around the house beats going to the plant anyday!!!! I've got those 3 days filled with things to do already - some things before the weather turns cooler. Painting, etc..... Do you girls have any advice/suggestions on how I'm going to stick with the plan until the end of October when the sports are over with?

VeronicaM

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
this is my first year doing any of the plans--I'm hoping I can stay on the wagon and get it completed!

EllaBlue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
Santasgirl, is there any way that you can involve DD and DS in helping you with some of the tasks for the plan?

At least you are thinking about how to incorporate the plan during the next few months, that's half the battle.

snowball

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
Michigan
I'm so ready for week 1 to start. :party: Let's get this holiday season started!

I just ordered my DD's Halloween costumes, so that's one less thing to worry about. They are both butterflies.

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
snowball said:
I'm so ready for week 1 to start. :party: Let's get this holiday season started!

I just ordered my DD's Halloween costumes, so that's one less thing to worry about. They are both butterflies.
Where did you order them? I'm looking for new Halloween costume ideas for my DNiece.

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
I always start "The Plan" but never finish it. Which I guess is ok because at least I have some stuff done. Each year I get a little closer to finishing it. That's good, right???

I kinda get lost here at the forums and can't seem to find the right thread for the week when I get behind. I am hoping this year I can find my way to the right threads.

I have kinda started early on my Front porch. I have 1/2 of it cleaned and going to try to paint that 1/2 today. Dr. appt. tomorrow. Friday I hope to wash and paint the other half. I hate cleaning it...I don't mind the painting, just the cleaning.

Christmas3
:package: :package: :package:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Any effort you take to get your home in order is always a good thing. You'll be better prepared for the holidays. I never finish either. Things happen - such as life - which can throw you off. If you don't finish don't fret. Be happy and proud of what you did get accomplished.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Santasgirl -- my only suggestion for sticking with the plan is to start small. Pick the one thing for each week, that gives you the biggest payoff. Maybe the ONE thing that bothers you the most about each week's area. Try to do that. If you get it done -- you have achieved a lot! You have developed your prioritizing skill! And - you have gotten rid of something really irritating!

If you have more time and energy - identify the next ONE thing to do. Don't create a big to-do list for the week! Your schedule is already enough to exhaust three women!

And give yourself lots of enjoyment by reading the posts! We do not judge each other by how much we accomplish! We are all incredibly adorable and lovable -- so relax! Have fun! :cloudnine:

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
SparkleNana said:
Santasgirl -- my only suggestion for sticking with the plan is to start small. Pick the one thing for each week, that gives you the biggest payoff. Maybe the ONE thing that bothers you the most about each week's area. Try to do that. If you get it done -- you have achieved a lot! You have developed your prioritizing skill! And - you have gotten rid of something really irritating!

If you have more time and energy - identify the next ONE thing to do. Don't create a big to-do list for the week! Your schedule is already enough to exhaust three women!

And give yourself lots of enjoyment by reading the posts! We do not judge each other by how much we accomplish! We are all incredibly adorable and lovable -- so relax! Have fun! :cloudnine:

Well-said, SparkleNana! I try to think of the HHP as a smorgasbord - there's a lot to do, so I choose what I need or want to do in order to celebrate Christmas the way that feels right to me. :skate: