Plans and goals for 2022

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I guess it's human nature to save our too small clothes with the hope of being able to wear them again someday, but can't wait to discard our too big clothes if/when we do lose weight. Ask me how I know. LOL I do have some holiday sweaters that I had saved and was able to wear again this season, so that was great. However, you bring up a good point about evaluating the clothing style and your current lifestyle as to whether or not you would actually ever wear those clothes again if they did fit.

Thank you for the suggestion of Minimal Mom. I'm going to check out some of her videos. I should take another stab at Fly Lady, too.

I want to try to add more structure to my week. I don't really do very well at this type of routine, but here's what I want to try:

• Monday ~ Office (calendar, paperwork, bills, computer work)
  • Tuesday ~ Crafting (including Craftermath Control)
  • Wednesday ~ Play-date with DH (Skiing this season ... I hope. He is dealing with some back issues.)
  • Thursday ~ Play-date with Kathy & Stitched Together (sewing group)
  • Friday ~ Kitchen (cleaning/organizing, baking, cooking)
  • Saturday ~ House cleaning, laundry
  • Sunday ~ Spa (me) day (I don't go to a spa ... just a pamper day for myself.)
I don't plan to necessarily spend a lot of time (certainly not the whole day) on the cleaning and organizing tasks, but I do need to spend a little more time than I currently do; so I figure I'll try to tackle at least something in those areas and see if it inspires me to do more. I'm kind of like "a body in motion stays in motion"; and I need a kick-start. LOL

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Many good ideas here, especially on the decluttering front.

DS has said he will help me with the basement. I will set up a large garbage bag there today so that whenever I go down to use the washer, etc., I can look for a few things to toss.

I have been paring down my clothing etc.. Some things that I have been wearing because they've been easy to grab I hate - so I tossed them. Will be getting new (unfortunately larger) bras.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Overall, I was happy with the way my goals were achieved. I'm starting a new thread for 2023.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have set myself some plans and goals for this year.
What I have learned in the past is things are changing so quickly and what is on my to do list now might look completely different by half way through the year. Here are a few things that I am thinking that I would like to achieve this year.

* Maintain weight....not at all :mad:
*Exercise regularly....ditto
*Read 10 books/magazines....yes, achieved my goal
*Listen to more music...yes!
*Revisit my family history...no, a project for 2023
*Family gatherings...yes, we got together a lot more and I loved it.
*Learn some farm skills...a work in progress
*Finish 2 rooms at the farm....got 1 complete and 2 are very close.
*5 crafts....yes!
*Declutter/organise this house....not too bad but can still improve.
*Indulge in some self care...better but a ways to go
*Look for things that make me happy
*Continue meal planning, dinners and work lunches....this was a success
*Continue my 5 chores a week, these work and make a real difference
*Plan and organise Christmas so that it is an enjoyable and relaxing time for ME....we had a great Christmas and NY
*Keep busy but find the balance.....I think this worked

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Thank you for bringing this post back to the top, Katrina. Review and evaluate, as I set my goals for 2023.

There are several goals I'm going to work on this year --
  • Health -- I need to get my weight down. It's a goal ... grab my water bottle and fill it before leaving home. That will also help with my financial goals, below. Well, I dropped 10# and kept it off, so I guess that's better than nothing. Time to get back on this goal. Water intake is better and I'm becoming more adept at remembering to grab a water bottle when I leave the house. Need to keep this up.
  • Financial -- I'm anticipating some large expenditures in 2022 (carpet replacement, DW is starting to have some issues, I had a roof leak and need to have a stairwell ceiling repainted, ...). So, saving some money along the way will help. Replaced the carpet throughout, with the exception of my office area. Still debating on whether to re-lay carpet or go with vinyl plank flooring and an area rug.
I'm going back to an envelope-type system and using cash for groceries and entertainment (outings with my widows group, and other). Did not use actual envelopes, but tracked spending in each category and, at least in the early part of the year, stayed within / close to budgeted allocation. And then prices started skyrocketing.
With prices rising and the amount I have in my pantry and freezer, I can do better with my grocery purchases. Did well, but can (and will) do better.
... reign in some of the time I spend with my widows group and start moving in a different direction. All of the events involve eating out or doing other activities with an associated cost. ... This didn't happen, but did ultimately drive me to withdraw as an organizer, effective Jan. 1, 2023.
  • Happiness -- I need to focus on me, being a better person. That will involve my spirituality, through exploration of various churches in my area, spiritual reading and reflection, and just doing a better job of taking care of me. This also fits with my Words of the Year -- patience and purging, eliminating that which does not bring me peace and joy. This is an ongoing issue and I continue to address. Made some progress on this and will continue to be a focus for 2023.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Water intake is better and I'm becoming more adept at remembering to grab a water bottle when I leave the house. Need to keep this up.
If I know I am heading out the door I am going to put an empty water bottle right next to the car keys. It will be a visual prompt for me to fill it up and take it.