Plans for 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did not do a lot of crafting in 2022. A couple of reasons for this.
Time was not my friend, I don't allow myself time to just sit and do what I like.
There are not too many people in my circle who I feel will appreciate handmade items.

I will attempt several things this year though because I want to try a few things.

*Felt corner book marks (X)
*Cross stitch book mark (X)
*Hand made gift tags (X)
*Make up remover scrubbies for DD (-) Move to 2024
*Lip scrub for DD (-) Move to 2024
*Sugar wax for DD (-) Move to 2024
*items for the market days at the local church (X)
*knitting/crocheted projects to use up scrap wool (X)
*rag rug ( )

Hopefully I can tick these few things off my list.

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have craft items I still am trying to use that I bought in 2020. :rolleyes: Then I went out in September and bought more and never had the time to do the crafts. :( I'm such a dreamer. The reality is finding the time to actually follow through is more difficult that I think.

My goals:
  1. I would like to use the ribbon and material that I have to decorate all of the brown handled Kraft paper bags I have.
  2. I would like to use the craft items I currently have to finish the projects I thought I'd do these last 3 years or so.
  3. This is something I keep saying each year but I'm going to say it again and hope it happens - I'd like to put together a mini bio of some of the people I've researched.
  4. Repair/repaint non-sentimental ornaments to give a new life. (I found a bag of glitter ornaments but the glitter is missing in chunks. May just spray paint them.)

Last edited:

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
At this time the only Christmas crafting I have planned is a knitted scarf/hat set and a nightgown for DGD.
I also have a yarn kit for a hat/fingerless mitts along with a purchased wide scarf that would go with the kit. Just not sure if I will give it away as a gift or keep for myself.

For Easter I need to either make a dress or top for DGD and a match one for her doll.

Other crafting plans for this year is a little knitting, sewing, cross stitching and quilt making—me projeats.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I feel 2022 was so unorganized and unproductive for me. I did get some things done but I was always feeling rushed.

This year my plan:
is to finish the quilt I am still working on first, so it’s out of the way first thing.
Make the photo ornaments (4) for gifts and CIJ ornaments
Make all my holiday cards
Massive clean and purge of my sewing room.
Once that’s done:
Work on the craft travel bag for my cousin. It’s a new pattern for me that I saw made up in a quilt shop. Bonus: I have everything here to make it!
Finish the wallets I have cutout
Make the Santa train quilt (fabrics have been pulled for this for 3 or 4 years)
Finish the paper piecing cat quilt.

I want to take some sewing classes this year. I miss getting out and learning new things.

My # 1 goal this year:
I say this every year: I am not buying any more fabric or craft supplies!!!! I have more than enough here!!!!! I need to work more efficiently from my stash. Beyond the things I want to make or finish I absolutely need to stick to this goal.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This is something I keep saying each year but I'm going to say it again and hope it happens - I'd like to put together a mini bio of some of the people I've researched.
It's nearing the end of the first quarter of 2023. I'm making small and steady strides towards gathering information on one ancestor and putting that into narrative form. I think once I write one mini bio on a person, it will help get a feel of how I want to write.
Repair/repaint non-sentimental ornaments to give a new life. (I found a bag of glitter ornaments but the glitter is missing in chunks. May just spray paint them.)
I haven't worked on those particular ornaments mentioned above yet but I did find other ones that I am working on. The last two weeks of evenings and free time have been spent working on craft projects with things that are already in the house.

How's everyone else doing? :)

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Got DGD Easter dress done along with a hat, top and jumper from the same fabric for her 18” doll. Also made a hat, coat for the doll and with some left over yarn from a shawl I made myself a little doll shawl for one of her other dolls.
Decided to keep the hand/fingerless mitts kit for myself.
Have added a fingerless glove/headband to my Christmas list for youngest DD. Her boyfriend is getting the hat/scarf set that I made back in January.
Have gotten back to working on a quilt that I started a few years ago. A quilt along that was taking place on a Facebook quilt group.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Can’t believe March is all most over.
What I’ve finished:
Fall quilt.
Photo ornaments (that I had printed) and CIJ ornaments.
Cards are finished except for Halloween. Orange card stock will be here tomorrow so they will be done in short order.
Pop up bags for gifts.
I have resisted buying fabric so far. The only craft items I’ve bought have been to finish projects.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It is starting to cool down here so I am hoping to get a few things done over the next month or 2.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Can't believe that we are in July already. Christmas will be here before we know it. I need to get moving if I am to finish what is on my list.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Wow! Its July already. Time is flying by.
Where I’m at in my crafting plans:
Finished the wallets I had cut out.
Finished Halloween cards.
I took a rug making class this month. Will be making rugs for gifts next year, have all the kits.
Things left:
Finish paper piecing cat quilt
Make the Santa train quilt
Finish Christmas purse and wallet- remake of a old purse
Finish cat purse and wallet for me
Buying craft supplies and fabric: I’ve been good! Have only bought to finish projects and for the raffle purse and wallet sets. Trying use what I have on hand first.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have not done as much crafting over the past few years, time is one reason and the fact that there are not too many people here that I can craft for. I am hoping that next year when we retire and move to the farm that I find my spark again as I do enjoy it.
I am about to learn how to crochet properly and then will like to do crocheted edges on towels etc.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I would like to use the craft items I currently have to finish the projects I thought I'd do these last 3 years or so.
I got to two projects a couple of weeks ago. I am thrilled that they are done!
This is something I keep saying each year but I'm going to say it again and hope it happens - I'd like to put together a mini bio of some of the people I've researched.
I changed my expectations of a mini bio. It's much more simple but focused and makes more sense to my analytically organized brain. Because of that change, I am on a roll with one branch of my family.
Repair/repaint non-sentimental ornaments to give a new life. (I found a bag of glitter ornaments but the glitter is missing in chunks. May just spray paint them.)
I still need to do those glitter ornaments but I finished another set of ornaments I had forgotten was in my craft stash.
I would like to use the ribbon and material that I have to decorate all of the brown handled Kraft paper bags I have.
This is something that I will do in the evenings as the days get shorter. I have been saving oatmeal containers to paint and/or decorate as well. They come in handy for unusual size items or in my case, to throw off the receiver of the gift. ;)

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Doing well, Mary!

I used a dog biscuit box to gift DBIL last year; the thanked me for the dog biscuits - they do have a dog - and didn't open the box. Used a file folder box to gift a niece a t-shirt she wanted; she told her mother I just gave her some stupid file folders.

I still do it anyhow;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I feel I achieved more this year than I thought I would. It was a busy year with other things and crafting fell low on the priority list. When I did craft I very much enjoyed it. Time to start thinking of what I might like to try for 2024.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
  1. This is something I keep saying each year but I'm going to say it again and hope it happens - I'd like to put together a mini bio of some of the people I've researched.
  2. Repair/repaint non-sentimental ornaments to give a new life. (I found a bag of glitter ornaments but the glitter is missing in chunks. May just spray paint them.)
I didn't quite do the mini bios as I had pictured nor did I get to repair/repaint the ornaments in 2023. :( Moving those ideas over to 2024!