Please remove your shoes

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
What a great idea. I really don't like when people walk all over my hardwood floors in their dirty shoes from outside, but I never feel comfortable asking someone to take them off.

I have a sign in my bathroom with a little polar bear liking his paws that says. "Please wash your paws".....wish I'd thought of this idea before!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Luludou - great site.

I'm sure that you can do something for not smoking - maybe take one of those "glamour" smoking photos from the 40"s and put a slash through it and frame - or maybe the Marlborough man or Joe Camel.

Belles

Retire Member
I'm just curious as to why people think it's okay to smoke in your house when you are so against it; I don't know anyone that would ever smoke in my house. They all just automatically go outside, even when my Husband smoked, he went outside ot to his back bathroom. And I've never had to tell them.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Most people do smoke outside... but some years back lots of people smoked so people just think it's natural to live & let live... but I HATE the smell of cigarettes... makes me cough & my eyes water. The most difficult.. is close family ... they think we won't mind.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I find people always think it's okay to smoke in our car....and it is so hard to get the smell out! You're right though, it is hard to tell family.

Belles

Retire Member
I don't mean to harp on it, but I am just amazed, my family especially the closest ones would never do that to me. Of couse there are things they do that are just as bad, that I don't say anything about. I take that back, I do say stuff. Never been one to hold back very much. I just think it's sad that they don't see that it bothers you, or that they don't care. I wouldn't smoke in your house, because I KNOW you better then they do, beside I love you!