Post Christmas Shopping! Share your finds!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
SO - who has braved the stores post Christmas to pick up deals?

What have you snagged and where? Are you buying for next Christmas? Or finding items that can be used for other purposes during the upcoming year? Or both?

What are some of your favorite places to shop? Also, please share any tips or tricks on how to get the deepest discounts! Or advice on some less obvious clearance items to watch out for!

We'll see deeper discounts as we get farther from Christmas - selection goes down of course - but please share what you find!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nothing exciting so far. A few rolls of wrapping paper and tags.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Nothing exciting so far for me either-2 boxes of Christmas cards I actually got on Christmas eve 50% off. Plan on going to craft stores and see what's left, otherwise it will just be serendipity if I score anything good. Tend to get to the stores after the good stuff is gone.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Swim goggles for DS- we churn through them here like you would not believe!

He wears different goggles for training, racing and generally playing about in the water- so 3 different sets!

Racing goggles are expensive! Although they last longer as they are not used as much. They range from about $25 AU to $65 AU depending on which ones you select. ($18 US to $48 US)- we picked up some yesterday that we thought were on sale for $25- down from $55- when we got to the register they scanned at $15. I sent him back to get extra pairs but they were the last ones they had!

Fortunately the training goggles he likes are cheap! Usually about $10 we got them yesterday for $3 each pair.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nothing here either... not much in the stores after Christmas.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I have had no luck either at the stores. Went to Bed Bath & Beyond, CVS, and Kohl's. I struck out at all three. Three strikes and I was out. Oh well

Kelly

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS got a new pair of running shoes from one of the big sporting stores here. 50% off the price, so down to $60. I think I will pop into the local store here and see if they have more.
Got DS a NATIO (Australian Brand) gift set of shave foam and shave brush for $9.07 as the gift sets were 30% off. The shave cream by itself was $9.95.

Picked up some gift bags and cards for 50% off but not much else at this stage.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I didn't really go looking for much of anything but I did get DS a new 3ft. pre-lit tree for his room since the lights on his have been out for a couple years at least. It was half off at Walmart. I did look for the Old Spice body wash/deodorant/shampoo gift sets but they were out. Everything was 50% off at our Walmart and they still had a lot of decorations and wrapping paper and such left but I didn't want to buy anything.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went to my local mall yesterday and got a Christmas money tin, some ornaments to decorate gift bags, and a decoration which is a Santas bottom that farts jingle bells (DS stocking). All was 50% off. In one of the other stores I got a air freshener spray in a holidays cookie scent that I will put in my mums stocking and that is about all that I have found so far.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I received a Current clearance catalog in the mail today. I just ordered 4 rolls of wrapping paper from them, along with Christmas, birthday, thank you and sympathy cards. They are having 15% off, but the free shipping cost more than the 15% off my order, so I went with it. Retailmenot has the free shipping code....5JCJAL1

I love their paper....so thick and doesn't tear when you cut it.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I only went to two places so far, both the day after Christmas - one is a really cool place called The Village Shoppes in a town about 20 minutes from here. They have collectibles, etc. and they go all out at Christmas.

Tons of trees, decorated to the hilt - a large number of unique, beautiful ornaments. And it all goes 50% day after Christmas :)

I got several ornaments and a good amount of large sprays that can be stuck into greenery arrangements or trees.

Then at Target I got quite a few different things - wrapping paper, paper plates, napkins, bows, tissue paper, etc.

I also found some really cute outer space themed ornaments that I'm going to use for a tree in DS's space them room next year! SO excited about that one!

I also got some presents for DS's birthday which is coming up in February. Also found some Ecos lip balms marked down to $1.24 each!!! And some Mint Cocoa Burts Bees for about the same! Stocked up on THOSE for sure!

I got a really cute ceramic mini cake cake stand for $1.50 - and I can't remember what else. I'll have to go through it all when I get over this cold or whatever it is that has me side lined right now.

I think my body held in there for the final crazy rush over Christmas weekend and then it said ENOUGH - must. collapse. now! lol

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
The day after Christmas we stopped at our local Walmart and picked up new trees for the kids bedrooms, a new inflatable for the yard and tons of wrapping paper and boxes. Then we stopped at Homedepot and picked up 2 more inflatables. Stopped at Dollar Tree and picked up a bunch of Christmas tins. All of those were 50% off.

Over the weekend we stopped back at Walmart, this time with the kids and they picked up new ornaments for their trees and I got bows which were all 75% off.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I got a really cool and cute Christmas tray. Im going to use it on the coffee table to hold candles etc... It was $1.75. Im really happy with that because I like it so much. had I seen it before Christmas I would have purchased it for full price at $19.99.

I also got some frosted tissue wrap but stronger than tissue- more like a solid plastic- works really well with the silver/ blue theme I have chosen for next year. Marked down to 50cents for 10 sheets- really large sheets. Teacher gifts/ coach gifts etc will look perfect in this- again had I seen this earlier I would have paid full price for it. I got 30 sheets of it.

The only thing I could not get was ribbon.....

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I got some wrapping paper and little Christmas bags for treats at the Christmas tree shop for 80% off yesterday