Pre Plans Before the Holiday Plan Starts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay...I have to admit...I fell off the whole keep your house clean over the summer band wagon...it sort of even ran over me!! LOL

So I have a goal...starting this week...it's pretty simple (yeah right)...to follow my daily plan EVERY day between now and the end of August when Houseworks Holiday Plan starts. I'm not saying deep cleaning, major decluttering or any HUGE projects.....nope...just my daily chores and to do's .....as well as...our little special day projects like Move It Out Monday, etc.

I tend to let things accumulate...then try to do it all at once...so I am thinking if I can establish these habits over the next 30 days....maybe I can actually get the plan up and running. And get further along than I have in the past...I will check in (or try to) each day with my Daily To Do Routine and let you know how it is going....I'm getting ready to put up Sunday's in just a bit....remember eventually I want Sunday to be Celebrate Sunday....a day of rest and fun stuff like crafting or reading etc...but I am not there yet...so here goes!!!

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
Like I said in the HHP forum I don't really have routines set, just one item.

I'll try to at least do that. It's loading the dishwasher at night running it and unloading and putting away in the morning. None of that, I can put it away when I get home from work. Or, I can load that in the morning. That's what keeps my counters and sink cluttered. I need to just do and stop complaining.

That being said it's almost 10pm and I haven't loaded the dishwasher. I guess I need to do that.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Okay...I have to admit...I fell off the whole keep your house clean over the summer band wagon...it sort of even ran over me!!
:rotflol:

I guess I have to admit to some 'road rash' myself!

I may be starting to look after my niece and nephew so I need organization and a definite routine! :slap:

CEO

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2007
I'm jumping on this one, too.

Between vacations, family visits and some business issues that have just been resolved, life has gone off the rails. So I'm going to focus on daily and weekly routines so that when HHP starts, they'll be tucked in tight and out of the way.

This week: laundry. Funny how MUCH laundry you generate on a hot-weather vacation. I'm still plowing through sending Dr. Steve to Vegas for a week--and no, I don't want to iron his summer silk shirts, either! Just too hot.

A load a day will take care of it in a week. As for the ironing, I'll crank up the A/C, turn on the TV, and dig in. It'll feel good to get my tiny sewing room back into a state for sewing. Right now, it's just a clothing storage facility. Do we have a smilie for "rolled eyes"?

CEO

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have to say that my routines have saved my life. I started with FlyLady 8 years ago. Now things like laundry, cleaning the bathroom and dishes get done without me even thinking about it. Sometimes I even go to do something and I'm surprised it's already done.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yes -- I'm one year into FlyLady and it has saved me on multiple occasions of people "dropping in". I too fell off the summer bandwagon, but I fell off in June. Took me all July to recover. SOOOO much harder with the kids home to wreck the place faster than I can clean it. I forced a deadline upon myself by inviting someone over that I would absolutely need to have a clean and organized house for. That way it'd be in good shape for the start of the Houseworks plan. And right now -- it is! I'm right back on track!! :party:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I have done ok this summer...well, compared to what I normally do! I've worked kind of hard to keep it up...and the reward came yesterday. I had a party here (you know, the Christmas in July/birthday party) and had to have it clean. Friday was a busy, busy day, and I didn't get much done here. When I got up Saturday to clean, I only had to spiff up the bathroom and sweep the kitchen floor. I couldn't believe it. That's a big first for me!!

But--I know me, and I know that the next few weeks will be critical to keep things done...so I'll be joining in with ya'll, getting ready for the HHP! I'm excited..and my notebook needs spiffing up, too, so I'll also be doing that to get ready to roll!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
How is everybody doing with routines? Any tricks you might share?

I KNOW that when you are thinking about routines least (because so much is going on in your life) -- that that is when you need routines most!

I have devoted entire days to big projects inside and outside of the house. I felt great about the work accomplished. But the house and regular life completely fell apart -- which completely undoes the good feeling of accomplishment.

Routines are our Friend! I am trying to get that message implanted deep into my mind. :sleigh:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My morning routine is so ingrained that I don't realize I'm even doing it. I get up, get dressed, make the bed, swipe a rag in the bathroom and toss in a load of clothes in the washer all before I go upstairs. Takes less than 10 minutes. If I don't get anything else done, at least my bed is made, the bathroom clean and a load of clothes done.

My evening routine is the same way. I just do it without thinking. Routines are great.

I found with my routines I had to start small and build on them. I started with the morning routine of just getting dressed every day. Once I was doing that without thinking (a month or so), I added tossing in a load of clothes until that was a habit. I never could have kept up the routines if I had thought I could add everything all at once. I'm glad I took the time to go slow.

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
are we continuing with a set plan?
when will this be starting and in what room?
I "early retired" early August and looking for a plan - thanks

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
itsanewme said:
are we continuing with a set plan?
when will this be starting and in what room?
I "early retired" early August and looking for a plan - thanks

itsanewme, Some of us here are doing the Houseworks Holiday plan and some prefer the Holiday Grand plan. Both plans start August 31st. If you scroll down a little on the message boards under Holiday Countdown, you will find more people discussing the plans. You can find both plans and all the forms on CEO's Organized Christmas website http://www.organizedchristmas.com/. Congratulations on your retirement. ::eek:rnament: