Pregnant skeleton costume?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I am looking for a picture or pattern to make a "pregnant skeleton" costume. I know that I saw one a few years ago...maybe in Family Fun? Basically, I am looking for a cute maternity costume. I was planning to cut-out the bones from self-stick felt and put them on a black sweat suit (comfy and warm!), but I'm not sure how to do the baby's skeleton and how to position it on the tummy. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TIA!
Colleen in PA

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I keep think of the ski-doo commercial on the ultrasound - not much help!
I have never seen one - would love to see it when your finished! :jack: Good luck.

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
I have heard of this idea, but not seen it. I would love to see the results if you figure it out!

When I was pregnant with my third I went as an 8 ball (like in pool....or I guess I could have been the kind you shake & ask questions :rotflol: ). It was so simple! I wore black pants & a black turtleneck. I cut out a white circle from felt & stitched it to the belly of the shirt & then glued a felt #8 I cut out to the center of the white circle. After Halloween I carefully removed the stitching from the circle & the shirt was good as new. Here's a pic:
http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q173 ... 8ball2.jpg

I have seen mom's paint a jack o' lantern on their bellies, but I would never have had the nerve to do it myself :thud: .

Bren

P.S. When is your little one due? I am 7 1/2 months pregnant in the pic I posted, but it was my third & I was gaining everywhere :haha: .