Probably a silly question about Rudolph Days...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
So sorry to be such a goose, but I just wanted to throw a question out there that has perplexed me for some time now.

If the month of July, lets say, is stocking stuffers month, do you start working on stocking stuffers July 1st? Or on July 25th?

For some reason it has never been clear to me. And I know that the basic idea is just to get you thinking about this stuff and accomplishing something, no hard and fast rules.

Just curious how others interpreted this and if I'm just being a dork by even having the question! lol :)

Thank you in advance for your patience!!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Aunt Jamelle,

However a person wants to do it is okay.

The original thought was to celebrate it on the 25th and it could run the rest of the month.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I always think of it as the whole month's focus.

But if you have a particular task or craft, you do it on Rudolph Day of that month.

Annie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Its not silly really b/c we discussed this some earlier this year. I **THINK** we talked about how we will start it on the 25th and go to the following month. Now not sure if that means June25-July 25 is July stocking stuffer month. There is no wrong answer. But we post the rudy day movie for the month on the 25th so Aug 25 will post the rudy movie to watch that day or any time before Sept. 25.
Did that help or confuse you more??

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do not think the Rudy Day Police will come for you no matter which way you do this. They only show up if you don't do something.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Diedra- Hahahahaha!

Good one!!!!!

It is kind of confusing with the date being the 25th!

Annie

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Its not silly really b/c we discussed this some earlier this year. I **THINK** we talked about how we will start it on the 25th and go to the following month. Now not sure if that means June25-July 25 is July stocking stuffer month. There is no wrong answer. But we post the rudy day movie for the month on the 25th so Aug 25 will post the rudy movie to watch that day or any time before Sept. 25.
Did that help or confuse you more??

Piratemama that's how I interpreted it. However, if you want to start on the first of each month that is perfectly fine. You should do whatever works best for you.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
WHRRRRR....it's the Rudolph Day Police...LOL... :)

The confusion comes because the original Rudolph Day was tasks etc on the 25th of the month and you had till the next Rudolph Day to do them...although some people only worked on them on Rudolph Day.
Then a couple a years ago we started a "monthly theme" like July is Stocking Stuffer Month and August is Month of the Elf...etc....I tried wrapping my mind around this running from the 25th till the 25th BUT it never really worked for me...To me if July is Stocking Stuffer month....it runs from July 1 to July 31st....with Rudolph Day as a special STOP along the month! Does that make sense?

So for example...This month is Month of The Elf... August 1st -31st. On Rudolph Day this month I'll do a special craft or project (like working on the elf section of the notebook) BUT I can also work on elf stuff all month too.

You can also just think of them as two different things....The monthly theme (elves this month) and Rudolph Day (a special little day of prep each month)

Whichever works best for you....I hope my explanation helps some. :)

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Then a couple a years ago we started a "monthly theme" like July is Stocking Stuffer Month and August is Month of the Elf...etc....I tried wrapping my mind around this running from the 25th till the 25th BUT it never really worked for me...To me if July is Stocking Stuffer month....it runs from July 1 to July 31st....with Rudolph Day as a special STOP along the month! Does that make sense?

This is exactly how I always took it to mean. But whatever works for you...it's your holiday!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I tend to stick with calendar months, as well. I know the theme for June25-July25th shouldn't be that hard to remember, but my overpacked brain is always running behind. Of course, this year, I haven't been all that productive on Rudy Days either. Maybe I SHOULD try it the other way! ;)