Project--Clean your dryer vent--prevent a fire

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Ok, I love Flylady. Today's missions was to clean out the dryer vent. We're in a new house so I'll do this next year. I do vacuum out the lint area monthly and we just installed a new vent hose since we have a new dryer.

I googled to find a "how to" site to clean the vent. I liked this one. It was interesting to learn you can use one of my favorite tools--a leaf blower to clean out the vent. Flylady's site also had a neat kit to buy to clean out the vent that hooks to your vacuum but I have a really long vent with many turns (which isn't good but some builder didn't think about his plan when he designed the house). Also make a note of what type of hose you have from the dryer to the wall. Some are not considered safe. We worry about our Christmas lights starting fires, please check out your dryer vents this season.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-a-Clothes-Dryer-Vent

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
this is so important! And its time to change filter on your furnace also. Time to get ready to turn them on in my area at least. And check your smoke alarm batteries, we want to keep our forum friends safe!