Question about year round cleaning plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Okay, as I understand this.................we simply keep our preferred cleaning and organizing plan in rotation throughout the new year correct?

If so, how do you handle the last few weeks where its celebrate time and things like this? Are there breaks in between the plan rotation? For those of us who would really like to stay on top of things can you please explain the details.

I'm really working hard on my 2015 Calendar and would like to include my weekly focus areas just as we do in the holiday cleaning and organizing plans but I'm not sure about when Jumpoff January even begins or what to do about the holiday weeks.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
In have used the HGP rotation throughout the year. I've never done it with other plans.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Which plans do you mean? I do FlyLady all year long and then go into the House & Holiday Plan at the end of August (doing FlyLady at the same time, which I can make work and is why I use that specific plan) and then rotate back into FlyLady in January. Is that what you mean?

During the celebrate periods I go into minimal maintenance. The house is usually looking pretty darn good by then (as opposed to how, uh, it looks right now). I transition back to regular FlyLady in January.

Hope I understood the question. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I don't really follow plans... I have my own deep-cleaning list and I try to go through each room once a year thorougly. To that I add decluttering and crafting and prepping for Christmas.
I must say the perfect time for me to declutter and go through my lists and Christmas notebook are the very cold months of January and February.
Then in March I start the spring deep-cleaning.
During the very hot months of summer not much gets done... just too hot!
Now, as soon as it gets cooler, I need to finish the deep cleaning (2 rooms left and kitchen cabinets) and start some cooking and more crafting. I now do the kitchen cabinets in September or October so that all dishes are washed for the Holidays as opposed to spring when I used to do it.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Cleaning

Yes, I try to do my list at least once if not twice throughout the year. But like this year, with a kitchen remodel .... twice will NOT happen. HA

I start in mid-January.

I'm quite laid back. I'd love to get it all done and in an orderly fashion ... but well, that seldom happens. I just keep on the next week. Or ... the next week.