Ramona themed birthday party

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
My dd is having a birthday party in a couple of weeks and we are having a Ramona themed party. She is very excited! I am looking for some ideas to add to the party. If you can help me out I would appreciate it! Thanks

Here is what I have so far:

Pull the kleenexs out the fastest contest. This is something Ramona does in one of the books.

Making homemade ice cream in a bag

possibly making the gummy bear rockets

And that is it right now. HELP!

Bren

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
My daughter never read the Ramona books, but I love how unique your idea is. I mostly love the fact that your daughter is so excited about the party....she will remember it forever!

Since I am clueless about Ramona (I have seen the books & get the fact that she is a feisty little sister;o) I googled to see what I could find.....Lots of info here & it might spark an idea:
http://files.harpercollins.com/PDF/TeachingGuides/0688154875.pdf

Here is a printable activity book:
http://www.beverlycleary.com/docs/ramonaeventkit.pdf

My daughter had more than one American Girl party growing up and we would decorate the party room with her books on stands/propped up. My son had a Richard Scarry Busytown party & I went to the library & checked out a bunch of his books to use as decor. So I would recommend having the Ramona books as decor, to read or as party favors.....or all three!

I hope you come back & share your party details once it's all done. I only plan parties for my youngest child....the 11 & 14 year old have reached the age that they want to just hang out w/ friends/do an activity as opposed to a theme. I'm planning a Star Wars party for my soon to be 8 year old & enjoying every minute cause' I know it won't last.

HTH,

Bren

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
That's a great idea, Bren. Decorating with her collection of books. I know it won't last forever either and that's why I am wanting to make it one she won't forget. We did American girl with my older daughter and I love the Richard Scarry idea you did for your son.

We just got back from looking at toys and video games at Walmart so I could take a look at what the girls seem to be wanting this year. We sat on the floor in the Barbie aisle going through them. I think this is our last year of Barbie but we will see. I am going to enjoy it for as long as possible! My older daughter is 12 and when we got home because there is no school today the two of them went upstairs and are playing barbies together.

Thanks for the websites, I didn't think about that kind of thing!

I will let you know how it goes.

:happybirthday2:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I was wondering who Ramona was! Great idea about the books! Hope you have fun :)

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I loved the Ramona books just as much as my kids did. :)
My son bought me some for Christmas a few years ago. The kids would check them out of the library at school and I would read them when they finished. LOL