Rate the To die for Crockpot Roast

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

To die for Crockpot Roast

• DIDN'T like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was ALRIGHT

• LIKED it

• REALLY liked it

• Total voters

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I tried this a few nights ago. My family loved it! It was a little on the salty side for my taste - I guess because of the dry mixes - but very flavorful and tender.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I tried it BUT when I came home from work I could not smell the roast. With roast you know you can usually smell it while coming in. The crock pot was cold. Was plugged in and on but cold. I messed with it and then dug out the pressure cooker and then it was warming up but had to fix it another way. But we did like it. Taste was good. Will have to try it again!

Lana do try it again it was delish!!!

I could not find packets to equal 1 1/4 oz soooo here is what I did

2 (.87 oz) packets of brown gravy mix
2 (.7 oz) packets of italian dressing mix
1 (1 oz) of ranch dressing mix
mix all dry ingredients together and rub on meat
add 2/3 cups of water around sides of meat

Next time I will not use ALL of the seasoning mix blend. It did add up to more dry seasoning than the original recipe which is why I added a little more water. So I will save about 1/3 of the seasoning mix next time and add half the amounts above for a second batch in the future...can you understand what I just said???lol

Meat was great and the gravy from the pot was great also. It was a little strong with the way I tried altering it so DEFINITELY only rub enough seasoning on to coat and put the rest aside in a container for next time you make it because you will definitely make it again...simple and delicious!!